Hotel advice for Rome

Feb 3rd, 1999, 11:32 AM
Paul

Hotel advice for Rome

We will be in Italy for my wife's fortieth birthday and I am seeking advice for a romantic hotel in Rome. She wants to stay somewhere near the Piazza Navarro (I am not sure if that is spelled correctly). We need to be within a budget of $100-150 a night. Thanks for your help.

Feb 11th, 1999, 05:22 PM
Bob

Check out the Karen Brown book on Italy. Good recommendations there. We stayed at the Aldrovandi last summer. Great hotel near the Borghese gardens, but more than $150 per night. Karen's book is in the travel sections and has fax numbers to book reservations. Hope this helps some.

Feb 13th, 1999, 06:01 AM
Jennifer

Paul, I just got back from Italy and we stayed at the Valadier near the Spanish Steps and lots of great shops and restaurants and walking distance to the subway. It was a nice room with a marble bath tup and the hotel has a nice paino bar for the evenings. I know it is normally expensive but this time of year it is around $119. And you get a king size bed rather than 2 twin beds which is nice for romance!

Feb 13th, 1999, 04:32 PM
Denise

Paul, Look into the hotel Regno. It is in the old Kingdom of Italy library, and is so close to all. We paid $200 Australian for two large beds, and big bathroom. Great breakfast room and food also. Denise

Feb 16th, 1999, 04:24 PM
rod

Hi Paul:

I stayed at the Rapheal Hotel, just one block off the Piazza Navonna. It was wonderful, very nice with a rooftop lounge where you could take in all of rome. Don't forget to get a tartuffo when you are at the piazza.