Hostel in Europe for Married Couple

Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Hostel in Europe for Married Couple

Hi we are on a major budget hence looking at a 3 night stay in London @ a hostel. I have done a LOT of research...I am finding a lot of hostels..but what I am not clear about is the availabilty of an EN SUITE [bath/toilet] in a private room.

Can anyone recommend any hostels in London that are clean and provides en-suite facilities that you actually stayed in. Actually I wouldn't mind finding out this same info for Paris also.

Thanks a lot.

Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:31 PM

I doubt a hostel room of the type you want will necessarily save you money over a cheaper hotel in either London or Paris. I looked up private rooms there in hostels a while back, and ensuite rooms are rare, and if they do exist, are pretty expensive. For London, I would use Priceline.

I haven't stayed here, but lots of people have recommended this in Paris, and it has what you want:

http://www.villagehostel.fr
Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:04 PM

The Rotherhithe Hostel has doubles. Regular price is 24 £ each - perhaps there is an additional charge for doubles - don't know.

www.yha.org.uk/make_booking/process/196.html

You might also look into the Ibis hotels (I think there's a location near Wimbledon.)

The Cherry Court hotel runs around 55/double, as I remember. I stayed there in November. It was acceptable and has a terrific location right near Victoria station in a good area.
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:09 PM

From one budget minded married couple to another-You may want to try bidding on Priceline. We usually stay in 3* London for about $60 a night in the Kensington area this way. In 2 weeks we are staying at the Holiday Inn Forum Kensington for $50 pn through Priceline. www.biddingfortravel.com is a good place to learn more about bidding on Priceline.
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:43 PM

While many hostels have doubles available, I doubt you will find any with en suite. You will probably do just as well to find a cheap B and B on the rates anyway.
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:44 PM

If you really want to stay on a budget, you may have to give up the idea of an en suite. Its not so bad to have a bathroom down the hall. I've done it many times............
Mar 24th, 2004, 04:27 AM
jenifer

I will third the priceline suggestion (and give you a bump this morning).

A year ago (early April) my husband and I stayed 4 nights in the Kensington area at the Thistle Kensington Palace through priceline. It was a very nice hotel - large room, comfortable bathroom. It was $60/night after all taxes and fees.

But do take Nidwaldner_Chris's suggestion of looking at www.biddingfortravel.com to both understand what to bid for your dates/star level/zone and how to use the free re-bid concept. That took some time for me to understand, but it's a great way to bid for hotels on priceline!

Mar 24th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to ALL who responded, this is pretty good info and I appreciate the comments for thosw who 'have been there'. I am going to research all the links etc that you sent me.

Thanks again from Toronto! and hey SARS is gone so come visit us here!!