One last plea for help with London

Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

One last plea for help with London

I am a mom traveling with two college girls and need help with where to stay in London. Our budget is around $200 per night. I have options at this point of:
Henley House - Earl's Court
New Linden Hotel - Bayswater/Notting Hill
Regency Hotel - Bloomsbury
Nayland Hotel - Paddington

I need to take care of reservations - what should I do? or do you have new suggestions?
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM

Gosh, I hope you get a reply from someone who's actually BEEN already. I've been researching for my upcoming trip for almost a year so I have some ideas I can share. Of those areas, Bloomsbury appeal to me the most because of its proximity to the British Museum and the West End theatres - and easy transportation to almost everywhere else. Your budget is kind of tight. I had a challenge finding what I wanted for $300. once you add VAT. You might look at Holiday Inn Kensington as it looks like a good value in a central location - plus you can get two beds per room. Priceline can get you a good deal but you might end up with a room that has only one bed. I've seen people getting Holiday Inn Kensington Forum for $80. per room which would put TWO rooms in your price range. (It is in the same area as the HI Kensington.)
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM

I don't know the hotels, but I would like the Bloomsbury area the best. How long is your stay, and what time of year? I've had decent luck with weekend specials. Many people recommend Priceline for London.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM

But I wouldn't recommend Priceline with 3 people for London - it's only good for 2 people.

You could try Hotwire, entering 3 people, and see what shows up (there may or may not be a bargain).
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM

Priceline would be good if the family wants to get two rooms - and it might still be a savings, depending on the prices of these hotels. It would be nice for mom to get her own room!
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM

Of those 4 (3 of which are not in the most fabulous of locations) assuming all are about the same price, and assuming you mean the Regency HOUSE Hotel near Goodge St Station, my recommendation would be:

1) Regency House for sure

followed by 2) Henley House (and I almost never recommend Earl's court)

This is based just on the locations - I haven't stayed in any of them.

Regency House is near the British Museum, close to a useful tube staion, and walking distance to Oxford St and Seven Dials/Covent Garden
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for help. Hotwire idea did not work. To answer questions: We are going to London and Paris for 5 nights each beginning June 11th.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM

Please clarify - you do mean Regency House - right? There are many hotels in London w/ similar names and It could make quite a difference.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:50 PM

From the OP's earlier post, it seems that the reservation is at Regency House.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Sorry - yes it is Regency House Hotel. Seems to have good reviews form Tripadvisor users.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM

i just booked a room for me at the Morgan Hotel in Bloomsbury; take a look at their rates, website, etc. They responded to my email right away too when i asked for availabilty.

THE MORGAN HOTEL
24 BLOOMSBURY STREET LONDON WC1B 3QJ
www.morganhotel.co.uk

good luck!!

Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

The Morgan Hotel is indeed lovely, but out of my price range at this time. Traveling with three isn't easy. We are spending more in Paris for a hopefully charming apartment.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM

Check the Luna & Simone in Victoria. They like it on TripAdvisor.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM

You might try the K+K George Hotel in Earl's Court... It's in a good central location for the tube. The Hotel is superb.... The rooms are very clean, the staff couldn't be more helpful...and the rate includes breakfast. My family and I stayed there on a couple trips to London in the last year.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:13 PM

There are lots of decent budget hotels - but if the Regency House fits in your budget, I'd personally quit stressing over more choices. Bloomsbury is a much nicer area than Earl's Court.

If the Regency House falls through for some reason - then Luna & Simone would be a good back-up choice.

Search this Thread