Hop On Hop Off Bus in Paris

Nov 24th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

Hop On Hop Off Bus in Paris

I understand that there are two companies that run such activities. Does anyone have the web addresses for these companies, or recommendations as to which is better?
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Go to www.ratp.fr and you will find all things transport.
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:06 AM
tod

Leburta - Sorry I don't have the names of the Hop-on-hop-off buses and can't seem to find them in my EyeWitness Guide to Paris. BUT, the red bus/buses pick up passengers at the foot of the Eiffel Tower on Quai Branly.
I have never taken a ride in one of them but loved the local bus service that transverses every inch of the city.
Three useful ones are Route 29, 69, and 96.
Robespierre posted a lot of extremely useful information on the Paris Bus service and I was able to print out the routes I was interested in.
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:59 AM

Here is a company we used for a hop-on-hop off tour of Paris
http://www.paris-opentour.com/index_eng.htm

Worked great for us on our frst trip to Paris. Stayed on the first time an over view of the city and then went around again and got off at the things we wanted to see. This was about 5 years ago and we bought a 2-day pass that was not expensive. Check the website for current rates and routes and see what works best for you.
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:21 AM

I believe Paris l'Opentour has the most expansive route...
www.paris-opentour.com/en/open.htm
There is also les Cars Rouges:
www.carsrouges.com/uk/index.html
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM
MaureenB

The Batobus is a hop-on-hop-off glass covered boat, which goes to the 8 major tourist sites along the Seine. It's a fun way to see Paris, too. Especially after dark. Our two-day unlimited use pass was only about 13EUR apiece, in June 2005. We used it instead of the bus. Maybe it's another option for you, too.
>-

Nov 25th, 2006, 10:26 AM

The red buses have only one route, which is not nearly as extensive as the Paris Grand Tour route with L'Opentour. L'Opentour has a total of four routes.

With L'Opentour, you can purchase a one or (for just a few euros more) two day pass. Better, if you go to one of the L'Opentour ticket offices (versus purchasing your ticket on the bus) around 4-5PM, you can ride around the rest of the day and all day the next on a on a one-day pass.

Note that all these routes run in only one direction. So, if you plan to hop off, you must plan your stops in order.

Many of the L'Opentour stops are very conveniently located, more so that metro stops or regular bus stops, in most cases, for the major sights and attractions. Especially convenient is the stop right at the foot of the finicular at Sacre Coeur.

Seats from the open air upper deck are a magnificent way to enjoy the scenery all over. Great photo ops above the traffic and crowds.

These tours are best enjoyed in nice weather. If it's too cold or rainy to sit on the open upper deck, they are a very expensive way to get around to the sights. You can see more from a regular city bus than the lower level of L'Opentour.
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:56 PM

We did the Open tour, stops were convenient, My parents loved the commentary and the music. One funny note: In between stops, our driver stoped at an internet cafe for about 15 minutes during rush hour. He didn't say anything he just parked the bus at a regular bus stop, got off the bus, and went inside. Meanwhile cars, buses, and cabs were honking at us, because were stopping traffic. Our driver returned, again didn't say anything, and started to drive. Needless to say, its not the fastest form of transportation.
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM

bookmark
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:56 PM

You can also waste a lot of time waiting for the next ho-ho bus to come to your stop. I think getting a bus pass and planning your own itinerary is far more interesting (and way less expensive!) Use this map:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...reseaux&fm=pdf

Search this Thread