Honeymoon Trip - time frame

Old May 7th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honeymoon Trip - time frame

Finalizing our trip and just wanted to be sure that we have set aside enough time in each of the places that we would like to visit.
Total trip is 23 days - end of August to September
Starting in Sicily, not including travel days, we will have a full 5 days. Both of us are from here so we will also be visiting family.

Next, Naples, we plan to fly in to Naples and then make our way down to Massa Lubrense, Italy (south of Sorrento I believe) Excluding travel days, we have a full 3 days here.
We want to do day trips to Amalfi and maybe Capri - does this sound realistic? Any recommendations? Ferry over the bus? We love views!
Is it expensive to dine near the AC?

Next we will drive back to Naples, will likely leave early AM and stop for lunch (pizza) in Naples. Then will continue the journey to Rome.
PS we are doing allot of this driving ourselves as my fiance and I love road trips and want to soak in the Italian lifestyle.
We will then drop off the car just outside of Rome - any recommendations of how to get inside the city center from there?
Excluding travel days again, we have a full 2 days in Rome. We are not huge fans of crowds and sight seeing but I definitely want to see some of the major sights.
Do you think 2 days will give us a good taste for Rome? Any recommendations on which location we should stay in? Was thinking near the Trevi Fountain...

Next we will rent another car, outskirts of Rome I guess - maybe can get there by Train, not sure.
We will then drive through Tuscan region to a Agriturismo - any recommendation as to which town has the best views and more relaxed atmosphere?
We may do horseback riding, cooking class and just relaxing when we are here.
Has anyone been to the hot springs? This looks interesting.
We have a full 3 days here - excluding travel days. We plan to go to Venice from here probably by Train...maybe this will effect the recommendation of town?

Last, Venice...We have a full 3 days here excluding travel - is this too much time?
Was thinking to stay in San Marco because of the Canals and convenience by foot.
Do you recommend a hotel or a B&B
Is all of Venice expensive? I have heard from many people that it is and I worry that so many nights will run us over budget.
But then I also thought that there must be restaurants that are not so touristy and expensive.

I appreciate all your feedback!
Old May 7th, 2019, 09:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You got tons of answers in your thread from Sunday where you asked exactly the same.