Search

Honeymoon to Paris and Switzerland....Planning to go during February

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon to Paris and Switzerland....Planning to go during February

Hi everyone,

My gf and i got recently engaged in India and are planning to have a wedding in January 2016.I know i am asking for a help for a honeymoon plan for 2016,it's because i'll be leaving for work in a couple of weeks and will be coming back only on january first week of 2016.Her favorite places to visit are Paris and Switzerland and i want to make it memorable for her by having a 5day/6night in Europe during February with dates ranging from 10-16th of February.But my concern is since it is winter time will the shops/hotels be closed or seine river cruise unavailability etc.Please help in creating an itinerary.

Cheers
Rahul
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 03:55 AM

There is no reason anything will be closed in Paris - this is the height of the cultural season and there will a large number of activities: opera, theater, ballet. Hotels, restaurants, stores and sights will all be open. But - it will be winter. Days will be short and weather can be nice - 40s with sunshine or unpleasant - chilly and rainy of cold and snowy. Outdoor sights - gardens/parks, etc may or may not be something you are able to do. You will definitely need winter clothes (warm coat, hat, globes, scarf, waterproofed booties, warm pants and sweaters). The bateau mouches will run but perhaps not as often as in better weather.

Switz is a different story. Feb is winter sports season and in those places in the mountains prices will be very high and many hotels want to book only a week at a time. Outside of the mountains the weather will also be cold and snowy and some things will be either closed or run on a very limited basis - esp the lake steamers. You wu need to check on each one. What is important to understand is that in Feb you will not have the typical summer picture of lovely meadows dotted with flowers, herds of cows and alpenhorn players. You can still visit larger towns (I do no reco Zurich or Geneva - but perhaps Lucern, or towns near the Berner Oberland such as Thun Gruyere, Brienz or a host of smaller towns that are for tourists - rather than Zurich (a business city) or Geneva (largely a creature of the UN).

At that time of year and with so few days I would stick with Paris alone unless you wan to go to Switz esp for the skiing.
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 10:14 AM

You may have a look at
http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/home.html
http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/en/
http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a bunch mate