Honeymoon on Amalfi Coast and...???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning our honeymoon for the end of April/ beginning of May 2006. We have 10 days, and we know we want to spend 5 of them on the Amalfi Coast. Any suggestions for the other 5? We're looking to stay relaxed, but still want some activiy...ie., Rome is a little too busy. We're willing to travel by train or plane. Advice for us?

TIA!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM

How about Sicily ? You can get the train or an overnight ferry from Naples. (Or fly, I dare say.) If you want somewhere with lots to see, I'd recommend staying in Palermo. The Grand Hotel Villa Igiea is lovely and you can just go down town when you feel like it. Palermo is a fascinating place. Or if you really don't want to do much except enjoy the views (and I know the feeling, after a wedding !), just stay in Taormina.

It will be warmer in Sicily than on the Amalfi Coast at that time. We spent our honeymoon in Sicily (Taormina & Panarea) at exactly the same time of year : it was warm enough to sunbathe during the day (I swam, DH didn't) but not warm enough to eat outside at night.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM
ira

Hi sls,

I suggest flying into Venice, flying to Naples via www.alpieagles.com, flying home from Naples.

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Hi sls15. I like CE's idea of going to Sicily. We spent our 20th anniversary (April 28th) last year in Taormina and it was ideal. Palermo is OK, but for our tastes, Taormina would be a better fit for a honeymoon. Great restaurants, the Greek Theatre and a really fun town to walk and explore. There's lot of options for day trips depending on what you like to do - Mount Etna, Villa Casale, Siracusa. Or just hang out by the pool. And drink champagne.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:05 PM

There are two amazing and romantic hotels in Tuscany that I would highly recommend to you: Relais La Suvera <www.lasuvera.it> and Locanda dell'Amorosa <http://www.amorosa.it/>. Tuscany will be glorious in May, and not too crowded. I would splurge and get a car and driver from your Amalfi Coast hotel to Tuscany. After all, it's your honeymoon!