Reload this Page >

HONEYMOON ITINERARY HELP!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 06:38 PM
jamie

Does this make sense:<BR><BR>1. Vancouver to Edinurgh 2 nights drive to London through Manchester(want to see where my dad grew up) see Bath and Stonehenge on teh way to London<BR>2. London 6 nights (staying with friends) do day trips to the country fly to Paris on Easy Jet<BR>3. Paris 5 nights do some day trips <BR>4. Venice 2 nights (would stay longer but cant afford hotels)<BR>5. Florence 2 nights (day trip to Pisa)<BR>6. Rome 5 nights fly to London on Easy jet to catch flight in London for Vancouver<BR><BR>Is this a plausible itinerary...we are on a tight budget, which is why we are staying so long in London because we have free accomadations. Not big on Florence, I've been but my husband hasnt...will just give him a taste of the art world <BR><BR>we plan to fly from London to Paris on Easy Jet...cheap flights...then take the train from Paris to Venice (does anyone know if you can take an overnight train to Venice from Paris..and how much that costs?) Then take the train in Italy. Is it worth buying the 4 day Eurorail Italy and France Pass? Or paying each leg separately? We then plan to fly back up to London using Easy Jet.<BR><BR>Thank you so much for your insight!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:20 PM
topping

topping

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:46 PM

topping...please help me

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Tim

Does any honeymoon make sense, Jamie?<BR><BR>But seriously, though -- my two cents (having done something like this).<BR><BR>I would drop Florence. You'll see enough art in Venice and Paris that you'll be arted-out by then.<BR><BR>I would then drop Rome down to four nights, and take those three resulting nights and go to the Amalfi coast for some R&amp;R (Rest and Ravello) from the big cities.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:09 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sorry Jamie, but I do not understand these complex itineraires for a honeymoon. I would do the UK and Paris, or I would do Paris and Italy--but not both. How do you travel from Paris to Venice? That is a long long way. Less is more !

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Karen

Well, I will add that Bath is not &quot;on the way to London&quot; from Manchester. Manchester is Northeast of London, and Bath is southeast of London, so you would have to make a crooked &quot;L&quot; drive instead of a straight line. It is 180 miles from Manchester to Bath, so figure 3 1/2 hours or so. Stonehenge is about 40 miles from Bath, heading south and a little west, and London is 90 miles past that heading northwest. So figure about 310 miles of driving in one day, which doesn't leave much time to see Bath or Stonehenge.<BR><BR>Also, if you haven't been to London or Paris before, there is so much to see there, that 6 and 5 nights will get filled up without day trips!<BR><BR>Yes, you can take an overnight train from Paris to Venice. A second class ticket costs $133. See http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fa...ules/index.htm for details.<BR><BR>Good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding!