Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Rome what hotel is nice to stay at

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 04:41 PM
giovanna

Hello my name is giovana.Next year my fiance'and I are going to rome for our honeymoon.We wanted to know what hotel should we stay at.We want to stay at hotel that is a 3 star hotel that is close to all the major attractions,places to eat, and shop at.We want to spend about $150 to $225 a night at a hotel. I hope someone can help. <BR> <BR>giovanna

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 04:57 PM
gluck

Hi Giovanna. <BR> <BR>Which to you is a more major attraction, the Vatican City or Old Rome (the Colosseum). You see, you can't be close to both, although the 'tourist' part of Rome isn't really big and it is never too far to commute to anything. <BR> <BR>Your budget is a bit above ours, so I'm afraid we can't help, but maybe someone else can.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Lori

I spent about 3 entire days(!) 2 weeks ago researching which hotels in Rome to stay at for our June honeymoon. Unlike yours will be, my choices were a bit more limited since a majority of hotels I would have considered were already booked for June of this year. Originally I planned to spend a ton of money on a grand hotel per night, because it's our honeymoon. To my surprise, after much reading I found that most people didn't particularly recommend this since it didn't seem to capture the real character of staying in Rome/Italy. <BR> <BR>My final choices? Several nights at Pensione Bencista in Fiesole (just outside of Florence), then a 2-hour train ride to spend several nights at the Hotel Genio in Rome. It was a tossup between that and another hotel, Santa Chiara. Only deciding factor was that Genio was around $20 US dollars less per night than Santa Chiara. There just didn't seem to be that much a difference to me for the money. <BR>Info on Hotel Genio can be found at http://www.travel.it/roma/genio/genio.html <BR> <BR>This site (through the Leonardi Hotel chain) will give you a lower rate than most and it is a reliable source to book through (I researched that too!). Hope this helps and congrats!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Lori

P.S. I forgot to mention that both hotels were somewhere in the $145-155 range, with Hotel Genio being a 4-star

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Matt

giovanna, <BR> <BR>Everybody's got their favorite. Why not check out Fodors Italy? or go on line and view the 3 stars in Rome, just search "ROme,Italy Lodging". Youll get an Idea of where you want to stay from the guide books and then youll be able to catch a glimpse of the place from the web site. <BR>I think the Centro Storico section was nice because it's very limited in terms of vehicle traffic-as I hate sleeping on a busy street. And it was the Rome of small streets and twisting alley ways. But yes, Rome is quite small -touristy wise- and you can stay just about anywhere and get around- we walked almost our whole time excluding a few trips on the metro. <BR>