Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Rome and Venice - Hotel help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Paul

Help! (and sorry if this posted twice), my fiance' and I are getting married in December and are planning to go to Rome then Venice on our honeymoon. If anyone has suggestions on hotels priced between 100-150 USD I would greatly appreciate it!! <BR> <BR>THANK YOU!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Rex

www.venere.com - - also known as www.italyhotel.com - - is the perfect place to browse, check availability and even book your reservation(s), all at one website. <BR> <BR>Places that might be outside your budget in more peak periods could well be affordable in December (I have never been to Italy in the winter), so I think it is worth your while to look for yourself, then come back here with questions about specific properties or locations within each city. <BR> <BR>Congratulations on your new life in marriage together, and ... <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Book Chick

Paul, <BR>Congratulations to you & best wishes to your fiancee. <BR> <BR>In Rome you might want to try a B & B called Casa Howard. It's only got 5 guest rooms, it does have its own website & is in your budget. It's located between the Fountain of Trevi & the Spanish Steps. <BR> <BR>In Venice I always recommend my favoite place, Locanda Sturion. This hotel also has its own website & is delightfully located near the Ponte Rialto, overlooking the Grand Canal. No elevator, by the way, but I've never had problems negotiating the huge marble staircase. <BR>Best Wishes for A Wonderful Honeymoon, <BR>BC

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Grace

There is good online travel agent called charming rome. They have a site on rome and venice. I booked for September at Hotel Mozart, but they tend to have kind of funny season dates as beguinning of september to end of january is high season. You might be able to find a B&B. One of the ones that I contacted is Colosseum B&B which was only 95$ all year round for 2 people. They might be woth a try! You can find them at charmingrome.com. <BR>Have a wonderful honeymoon! <BR>Grace

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Didem

Paul <BR>We just got back yesterday from Italy, and stayed at the Hotel Raphael which was right behind the Piazza Navonna. We paid 291000 lira (about $135), and I had booked through the Summit Hotels website where they had a special on this hotel. We loved the central location. Our room had 2 floors (the bed was upstairs & the bathroom and sitting area/tv were on the first floor). Very cool! Also the room had a small balcony to go out on for some fresh air. We didn't stay in Venice so I can't help there. Congratulations on your wedding!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Paul

Thanks for the responses! Can you give me the web addresses for the Casa Howad and Summit Hotels site? <BR> <BR>Thanks again! <BR> <BR>Seriously considering the Cesari in Rome - still very up in the air for Venice.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:54 PM
lilipad

the most important thing about finding a venice hotel, is make sure it is right in venice and not nearby lido, or other islands/mainland etc. <BR>here's a site i found helpful for venice accomodations, the hotels at the bottom of the page are the best bargains: <BR>http://www.italytravelsguide.com/ven...gethotels.html

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Book Chick

Paul, <BR>The website for Casa Howard is www.casahoward.com <BR> <BR>Another male honeymooner on this board (think his name might be Carey) went there last year (I think he may have also gotten married while in Italy) and he loved it! (Other members of his family had stayed there, also, prior to his wedding.) <BR> <BR>Advice above from lilipad is also really good. Dude, you do NOT want to be on the Lido of Venice in December! <BR>Best Wishes Again, <BR>BC

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Joelle

Regarding Venice, please note that hotels charge again high season prices during the Christmas/New Year's Eve season. <BR>One recommendation would be the Giorgione hotel located 5 minutes from Rialto bridge.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:11 AM
Steve

We're headed there for our 5th anniversary, so have done LOTS of searching. <BR> <BR>In Rome, check out the Domus Julia....the rooms look totally charming and in the right price range. (http://www.domusjulia.it) <BR> <BR>In Venice, we actually opted to double the price (The Rialto, with a balcony over the Grand Canal). If you decide to include Florence en route, the First Apartments look worth a detour, and also well within your budget. We found them at charmingflorence.com.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:20 AM
Aldo

the most romantic hotel I have seen is San Anselmo on the Aventino hill, see also www.fodors.com &gt; Rome &gt; hotels <BR>you have breakfast in the garden!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:04 AM
Paul

Thank you all for your advice!