Honeymoon in Italy...where to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My FI and I are planning our honeymoon in Italy for mid June. We will have about 10 full days there and I thought I would ask the experts of the towns and cities that we should plan to visit. Because it is our honeymoon I think we are more interested in romance and beauty this trip than history (we plan to revisit to hit all the most see culture and history spots).
As well as towns if you have a particular hotel or restaurant you would recommend please let me know. Thank you so much!
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 05:50 AM

Hmmm ! June, honeymoon, romance and beauty, and only ten days.

Fly into Milan, to Lake Como for 3 nites, to Florence for 3, end in Venice. Tight itinerary and very romantic.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 06:40 AM

I like Bob's itinerary. Except instead of actually staying in Florence, I'd stay in Siena - MUCH more romantic hill town but also a great base for daytripping to Florence and other cities
We spent 4 days in Venice on our honeymoon just 6 weeks ago (mid-June) and it was fabulous and so romantic - you will love it!
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 07:31 AM

We had 14 days for our honeymoon last June and it was similar to the other suggestion. FLy to MIlan, head immediately to lake Como www.varenna.net
2 nights. Train to Venice, 2 nights.
Train to Florence 1 night.
Rent car and drive around Tuscany for 3 nights- stay just N of Siena, one spot for those nights. See San Gimignano, Montegiggioni, Volterra other. Or stay in the Chianti Region.
Turn car in in Florence, train to Milan for last night, explore the Duomo rooftop and see the last summer if it's not Monday. Fly home the next morning. ( We spent 5 days in Tuscany and had 2 nights in Cinque Terre with the extra time). It was so amazing, congrats!
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 07:32 AM

uh, that's supposed to be "the Last Supper" in my prev post! : )