Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

honeymoon in italy: where do i stay in Venice, Rome and Amalfi?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Molly

I thought my posting went through but I don't see it on the boards, so let me try again. I'm going on my honeymoon this August. Flying from NY to Venice for a few days. Then flying to Naples and somehow getting to Ravello or Positano (i'm torn). Spending a week or so there. Then driving or taking the train to Rome. I'll have 2 weeks for the whole trip. Any hotels, sights that are an absolute must? Thanks so much. I'm feeling clueless.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Book Chick

Hi Molly,<BR>I'll be happy to give you a couple of recs, though I note you don't give a budget or preference for luxury, moderate or budget accomodations, or specific areas within the locations you're visiting. I think all of these places you'll be able to research further on the Google search engine, as I think each has its own web site.<BR><BR>Rome: Casa Howard, Hotel Parlamento, Hotel San Gregoriana<BR><BR>Venice: Locanda Sturion, and specify a view of the Grand Canal.<BR><BR>Best Wishes & Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Molly

thanks so much! i'm looking for luxury, but not over-the-top. what does that mean, right? basically i don't want to break the bank, but i do want a nice place. it's my honemoon after all. thanks again.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 12:29 PM
KAM

Greetings fellow honeymooner! While I have not yet gone to Italy, I received an excellent recommendation for a hotel in Venice, and was able to book there for what I felt a reasonable price ($174 a night). You can view it on the web at http://www.hotelgiorgione.com

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 12:39 PM
elaine

Hi<BR>I just brought to the top (temporarily) a similar inquiry that brought some information<BR>Heading is "Honeymoon in Venice and Rome"<BR>Are you sure your original posting didn't just sink to the bottom<BR>You can try scrolling down on the left, and then ask for the next 50 messages

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:00 PM
AD

In Positano try Albergo Casa Albetina we stayed there last year for under $100 per night. Awesome views of the bay. www.casalbertina.com