Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Italy

Search

Honeymoon in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 11:23 AM
Amanda

Honeymoon in Italy

We will be spending the first three nights of our September honeymoon in Venice and the next 7 in Rome. What are some of the best hotels within a medium price range ($150-$170)? Also, what's the best way to travel to places like Pompeii from Rome? Last but not least. . . Any off the beaten path recommendations for these two cities? Thanks!

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 02:17 PM
Richard Vicek

Good evening. Amanda <BR>Two hotels we have used in Roma and Venice that fall into your price range are: <BR>ROME Hotel Internazionale, via Sistina, 79, is a 3 star hotel with 37 rooms and is located close to the top of the Spanish Steps. Steet side rooms can be noisy at night as the via Sistina is a much used street. Some rooms have showers, others tubs, <BR>VENICE Hotel Do Pozzi, Calle Larga 22 Marzo, San Marco 2373, is a 3 star hotel with 29 rooms, and is located about a block and a half west of the Pza San Marco, is connected to the Rist. Da Raffale. again some rooms have showers, others tub and I do beleive each room is different in size and etc. <BR>Here are a couple of web sites to surf on hotels. <BR>www.hotelstravel.com/ <BR>www.slh.com/slh/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.rome2000it/ <BR>www.webcom./com/italys/ <BR>www.writing.org/venice.htm. <BR>www.geo.it/venezia <BR>www.veniceworld.com/ <BR>www.elmoro.com/ <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL...

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 02:23 PM
dimi

Amanda - you picked two great and romantic spots. Easiest way to get to Pompeii would be by train. Can't remember the hotel in Venice, but I agree with Richard on his wedsite advice. I loved the Hotel Manfredi and Quirinale in Rome, also in your price range. Let me know what you decided. Congrats and Caio! Where's the wedding anyway?

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 02:23 PM
Richard Vicek

Good evening, Amanda <BR>Omitted Capri remarks from first note. Capri can be reached on your own from Rome by rail to Naples and then tranfering by taxi to ferry to Capri...However also can be done by tour agencies out of Rome, but American Express and Carrarini Tours operate, seperately or somestimes together, one, two, and three day tours to Capri. Generally it is an early departure from Rome, Bus to Naples and then catching the Ferry to Capri, Lunch..afternoon on your own on Capri, return to Sorrento in later afternoon by Boat, then bus back to Rome with stop for Supper, getting back to Rome about 930PM. However if you want to stay on Capri for one or two nights, this also can be arranged thru the Tour company, they usually stay at the Europa Palace which is a hotel on Anacapri. This tour sometimes stops at Pompeii, but this is not certain... Have a good trip. Richard of Hickory Hills. IL

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 03:09 PM
Monica Richards

Two years ago I honeymooned in Italy--beautiful! I can't wait to go back. In Venice we stayed at a place called the Locanda Sturion. Our room faced the canal near the Rialto bridge. The breakfast room also faces the canal. It wasn't that expensive, but you have to go up three flights of extremely steep marble steps to get there. It's a restored 14th century traders lodge. I would definitely recomend it! <BR> <BR>Monica <BR> <BR>P.S. Don't forget to mention it's your honeymoon and "you heard their hotel would be perfect" when you make your reservations. We got better rooms and in some cases complimentary wine this way.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:38 AM
Amanda

Richard, Dimi, and Monica - Thank you all so much for your responses to my posting! I looked up the Locando Sturion - beautiful! Thanks also for the website referrals! If you think of any other travel tips ie. favorite sites or restaurants, please do pass them on. Thanks again!