Honeymoon Help Urgent

Search

Honeymoon Help Urgent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Help Urgent

My fiancé and I will take our Honeymoon in June. We have about 14 solid days, not including the travel days from Michigan.

We picked Europe because we thought Fiji, Bora Bora, etc...would be boring after 5 days.

We want to split up our trip and go to Italy, then hopefully Spain. I want to take her to Rome, Venice, Amalfi Coast...then fly somewhere in Spain to enjoy more of a Honeymoon like atmosphere (beautiful sand beaches,etc)

Can somebody help with an itinerary. I don't want to be on the go go go, but at the same time, I'd like to try to fit places.

I need help as it's getting close.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 07:45 PM

14 days is not a lot of time. You will probably get that advice on this forum. Stick to either Italy or to Spain, IMHO. Otherwise, you will see train stations and hotel lobbies and not much else on your trip. Rome and Amalfi Coast would make a beautiful honeymoon trip in June. Spain might be too hot already.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM

I would also suggest just one country; there's more than enough to do in Italy for 14 days, and Venice is one of the most romantic places I can think of.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM

Venice is the epitome of Romance. The Amalfi Coast doesn't have sandy beaches, but it is beautiful and romantic; you can get a hotel with a nice pool and stunning views. Two weeks is not enough time for Venice, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Spain. Italy would be wonderful and there is plenty to do and see and great places to relax.

You might also consider Venice, The Lakes area (I haven't been but I notice some people think it is even nicer than the AC) and Rome.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the others, 2 countries in 2 weeks is too much - too much travelling, checking in, checking out. If you can fit in at least 3 nights in each place, it will be much nicer for you both. 3 nights only gives you 2 full days which isn't much.

How about flying into Rome, have 3 nights. Then train to somewhere on the Amalfi Coast, we like Sorrento but the smaller towns like Positano and Amalfi are nice too. Stay 4 nights and do some day trips as well as some days of just relaxing. Then train to Venice and stay 4 nights. Fly out of Venice back home. That leaves 3 spare nights, you could add one night to each place or add somewhere else, maybe Siena or one of the villages in the Cinque Terre?

Kay
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM

Just try to cut off your list to one country which is full of a lot of romantic places and beaches. I woudl suggest that you should choose some island sort of place like Tahiti, its really a very loveable place. Mexico, Italy and Maldives are also soem other option.