Reload this Page >

HONEYMOON HELP!!

Search

HONEYMOON HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 07:01 PM
William

HONEYMOON HELP!!

I am getting married at the end of Sept. 2001 and was hoping to get a little advice on places to go for a honeymon in Europe. Having only been to Europe once (France-Paris and Loire Valley) I am having a hard time on deciding where to go. I know this is a broad question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to travel for about 10 days and hopefully do it on a budget of $6000 give or take. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance <BR> <BR>William

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 12:01 AM
Kavey

William <BR> <BR>On this site I have read many threads about American visitors booking somewhere on the Napolitan Riviera for their honeymoons and I think all have loved it. <BR> <BR>Look at places such as Positano, Amalfi and Sorrento. The first two are more romantic, Sorrento is also romantic but busier, but it is better placed for trips to local sights such as Pompeii or the islands. <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>PS Congrats...

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 05:46 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

William, Italia is for lovers. Let me suggest 5 options depending on your preferences and travel style. These would all be good in late Sep. and the <BR>budget range would also fit. I really like the 2nd and 4th for honeymoons. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas to work with. <BR> <BR>BOBthe NAVIGATORS 5 FAVORITE ITINERARIES <BR>_______________________________________ <BR>MAGICAL FAIRYLANDS: <BR> * Arrive and depart from Munich--14 nites--May thru Sep.--car travel <BR> * ITINERARY: Salzburg, Dolomites, Venice, Lake Garda, Bavarian castles <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>BELLA ITALIA: <BR> * Arrive Milan, depart Venice--15 nites--car & train travel--Apr to Oct. <BR> * ITINERARY: The Lakes, Ligurian coast, Tuscany, Florence, Venice <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR> <BR>CLASSIC ITALIA: <BR> * Arrive & depart Rome--12 to 14 nites--car & train travel, all year <BR> * ITINERARY: Tuscan & Umbrian hill towns, Florence, Rome <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>LA DOLCE VITA: <BR> * Arrive & depart Rome--12 nites--car & train travel--March thru Oct. <BR> * ITINERARY: Amalfi coast, Tuscany hill towns, Rome <BR>======================================== <BR>OF ALPS & LAKES: <BR> * Arrive and depart Zurich--12 nites--train travel--June thru Sep. <BR> * ITINERARY: Berner Oberland, Lugano, Lake Como, Luzern <BR> <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 08:52 AM
betsy

Oh Bob, thanks for these itineraries. Do you have favorite itineraries for a 30-day trip to Italy? Please share!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 09:32 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

For you Betsy, of course. But, you know me---I always qualify my answers based upon the macro parameters of:<BR>WHEN--BUDGET RANGE--CAR OR TRAINS ???<BR><BR>If driving, then I like to start with the "Fairylands" itinerary at Munich to<BR>save a bundle on car rental. Or, start<BR>in Nice and do the Renault lease program<BR>for trips of 19 days or more.<BR><BR>If rail travel, then the Zurich gateway<BR>makes good sense. Then, it is merely a question of adding one of the other itineraries to the above.<BR><BR>My choice would be a combination of the<BR>Fairyland and the Classic for a 30 day trip---assuming a car. But, make a loop out of it and end at Munich.<BR><BR>Give me a holler if you need more help.<BR>The best answer is--- it all depends. <BR>