Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Critique Needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:44 PM
Cheryl

Hi Everyone, I need advice on the honeymoon itinerary we have picked for late May, 2003. Should I cut out one particular destination to cut down on the hotel switching? Here it is:<BR><BR>3 days in Rome (Rome Cavalieri Hilton)<BR>2 days in Positano (Hotel Miramare)<BR>1 day Capri (Hotel La Minerva)<BR>3 days in Sorrento (Hilton Sorrento Palace)<BR>3 days in Castellina,Tuscany <BR>(Hotel Belvedere di S.Leonino)<BR>1 night in Rome (Rome Airport Hilton)<BR><BR>Also, what is the best way to get from Sorrento to Castellina? We want to rent a car once we are in the Tuscany region. Should we take a train from Sorrento and to a nearby city such as Siena and rent the car there?<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Robert

honeymooned in Italy 1993 been back twice since. I would cut out one possibly two of the beachtowns out.Take three extra days<BR>add to castillina where you could rent a place on a farm, i think it would be more relaxing. Could take day trips out with a car.Florence,siena etc. It is not mandatory to go to the beach for a honeymoon.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:37 PM
xxx

Love the title of your post, but Cheryl, honey, I think only your new husband will be able to critique your honeymoon.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:46 PM
John

Hi Cheryl,<BR><BR>Personally I would not change a thing (because I love the Naples area). I assume your are aware Sorrento and Positano are about an hour apart!!<BR><BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Nan

I think your route sounds just right. I might change Castellina to a place closer to Rome such as Siena, it would cut down on traveling time, but I would keep the Amalfi coast days just like you have them. <BR>I would go from Sorrento to Naples to Siena and have a great time.