Hey Guys I'm in Sorrento

Search

Hey Guys I'm in Sorrento

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys I'm in Sorrento

Its hot and I am keeping track of as much as possible so I can give all you guys the skinny. It is so pretty here and I found the webcam location and wandered by a few times. Wish I had a sign to hold up that said HI.
I'll try to post again later. Missing you guys
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:07 AM

Take lots of notes. I will be there in July. I love watching the web cam. I will keep it up today and tomorrow, maybe I will catch a glimpse of you.

Have a great time.
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:00 AM

BONGIORNO HotPoet!!
Let us know when you will be back to the webcam so we can look!!
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM

Hi ahotpoet! Hope you are having a great time. How is the weather in Sorrento? We arrive Saturday
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Buena sera ahotpoet!! Have a beautiful time! How could you not, being in Sorrento. Best wishes.
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cassandra

What does "hot" mean? more than 75F or more than 85F? I didn't think it went much above 78F in May, but I'll look for you on the webcam tom'w morning EDT/afternoon Sorrento time.

Old May 12th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Buona Notte ahopet, Sogni D'Oro..
Have a Great Time...
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Grazie folks
No webcam today for me. I went to Pompeii. It went back and froth between cloudy and sunny and I even got drizzled on a little. I was glad I brought my own water. For all you foodies I say The cafeteria there was yucky! Go well fed. By hot I mean over 80 and naturally the Italians are walking around Sorrento like its the middle of winter with scarves and long sleeve sweaters. I don't know how they do it.
I am staying at Mammi Camillas and the dinners are wonderful!
More Later
Ciao
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
What's the Url for the Cam?
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM

Webcam:

http://www.sorrentoinfo.com/webcam2.asp
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I thank you TuckH
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Hello ahotpoet,

Are you enrolled in a cooking course at Mami Camilla? Is it near the Cocumella Hotel? I think the B&B is near where we stayed last July. It looks very nice and what fun to take cooking classes in Italy! I may ask for that for an important birthday next year. Tell us more about the dinners even if you aren't cooking them.

Have a wonderful time!
Old May 14th, 2005, 04:12 AM

I thank you, cigalechanta! - for all the helpful travel tips I've gleaned from your posts since I arrived on this board, two years or so ago.
Old May 14th, 2005, 08:45 AM

Waiting to hear about the dinners and the B&B. You must be out and about having a fabulous time!
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

MammiCamillas is like one big family. I have been there this past week and hated to leave this morning. I have connected with so many people who have been staying there and going from morning till night when we make a point of being on time for dinner at 8pm. There is a large communal dining room and people from all over are talking about their day and giving hints etc and the roar is deafening but so much fun it's hard to say good night. The food is so good I have abandoned the idea of eating in restaurants for dinner. There is a 4 course fixed price dinner 15€ and the menu changes daily and it is so varied and so delicious that I never feel bored with the food. The ingredients are fresh and well prepared, sometimes by the cooking school students and sometime by Biaggio (pappa) who really is a maestro.
I have been running around so much I have hardly had time to eat gelato but the deserts at each dinner more than make up for it. Last night was a cheesecakes covered with fresh strawberries. Main course was swordfish. Naturally I sopped up all the juices with bread. Manners be damned!
I am raving here but I should mention that it is not necessary to stay at Mammicamillas to have dinner there.
Now I am in Napoli and tomorrow I leave for Roma where I will have dinner with some other Fodorites at Orso 80. Ciao
Hope I answered your questions but if you have any more specific just ask!
Old May 18th, 2005, 01:36 PM

The dinners do sound wonderful, ahotpoet! Your description reminds me of family Sunday dinners long ago at my mom and dad's house when the entire family (all Italian) got together to eat. Lots of delicious food, wine and many conversations going on all at once. I miss those large gatherings.

Where exactly is this place located? Is it near the Cocumella Hotel?

Please keep us posted on the rest of your trip. Tell us about Napoli and your visit to Rome and meeting with Fodorites there.

Old May 19th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Now I am in Roma sitting in a little bar called Santipietrino which has free wireless access so i an sending this from my pda (Robespierre would be proud )
Mammicamilla is across the street from the hotel Cocumella and down a bit so you have to know where it is or you won't find it. Up a gravel driveway. Just ask at the nearby tabacchi.
Tonight I meet with the other Fodorites and tomorrow I fly home. After I recover I will post a trip report.