Search

Hey Fodors!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 08:30 AM
sorry about the typo

Hey Fodors!

Does anyone from Fodors ever read and DELETE the stupid and offensive responses and postings that keep appearing on this site?! It seems like a third of all postings in this forum are filled with dumb jokes and put downs. Please spend a couple of bucks and hire someone to keep things civil. Thank you. <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 08:37 AM
Rose

<BR> <BR>Dear Concerned: you post is uncivilized, and nasty. <BR> <BR>Fodors: Please remove this post. <BR> <BR> <BR>What's my point? Theres' a certain standard this board USED to have with regard to civilized postings. Those days appear to be long gone. Calling a post "stupid" falls into the heading of nasty responses. There are nicer ways to say the same thing, Concerned. <BR> <BR>I wish there was a website out there as good as this one with some standards of behavior enforced. I'd be there in a minute myself.. <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 08:40 AM
conserned

How else would one characterize a postings by fatty mcfatty and others? Misplaced humor? Ugghh.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 08:47 AM
Mary

Rose: <BR> <BR>Does Fodors actually remove postings? I doesn't look that way to me. There are threads over 100 entries long on this forum that have dozens and dozens of offensive responses. I think Fodors is asleep at the wheel. If there is no profanity it seems to stay.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 08:52 AM
Rose

I agree, Mary! Fodor's is asleep at the wheel, here. <BR> <BR>They need to address this, before Fodor's becomes like some of the other travel websites (no names, but L & P are the initials. Then they'd have to address the dreaded 'R' word...

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 09:30 AM
Fwhiteside

I read a post the other day ( can't remember what forum ) where someone said they'd seen a very offensive racist post disappear within 10 minutes. <BR>The Internet in general is very anarchic which is the very thing a lot of people like about it. If anyone thinks this site is bad you should see some of the others ! Try the 'Jokes' page at www.dogpile.com for instance. If it's still as bad as the last time I was there it's a sanctuary for sick minds.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 10:22 AM
FWhiteside

And on this forum I've just read a posting commenting on the 'quality' of the postings on the 'Lonely Planet' site ! One thing I wouldn't mind is the removal of the duplicate postings that suddenly seem to be plagueing (sp) the site ( how many 'travelling companion' postings do we need ? ).

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:45 AM
bend

More grousing. And you people thought you were the first to complain.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Al Godon

That's right. Death to the heathen!! <BR>I do, however, have a question: Who decides who is a heathen? <BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 12:00 PM
xxx

If today is any indication, the answer is NO, they do not delete repetitive and inane posts. I see more complaints than travel discussion, usually because people refuse to mind their own business and MUST speak out about every irritant they experience. How boring.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Diane

There was some discussion along these lines a while back, with Fodors a part of it. <BR> <BR>I have witnessed Fodors deleting a post with a racial slur, and I'm sure they will delete any posts with obsenities. I'm sure they do not want to become the "bad taste" police, which is highly subjective. They are doing a great job in monitoring. It's someof the the posters who need to find something more productive to do with their time than write unproductive messages here.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 09:12 PM
SharonM

Yup. <BR>xxx, <BR> <BR>that post was beyond insulting. <BR>I've requested it be trashed per Fodors editors.com whatever. <BR> <BR>You're one sick puppy, hon. <BR> <BR>If I'm biting, I'll kick myself tomorrow.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 09:15 PM
SharonM

good god, you guys are fast! (ie. Fodors) <BR>I thought I was losing my mind!

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 05:18 AM
Guy

Come on people!! Do we really need to have "Big Brother Fodors" protect us from all the nasty-scarey people out there?? We are adults here, right? If someone finds a post tasteless or offensive--just skip it! You don't have to read and respond to it. I personally don't want to see censorship raise its ugly head here!!