Help with Venice Biennale

Jul 4th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Help with Venice Biennale

We will be in Venice for several days. Is it worth it to visit this exhibit if we are not the modern art types? How much does it cost? I know so little about it that it is hard to know what questions to ask.

If you have ever been, please tell me your about your experience.
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:59 AM

We were there for the last one. I can't remember the cost to get in but I don't remember it being extraordinary.
The main area had pavillions from different countries showing some type of modern art. Some were, of course, more interesting than others. There were also related exhibits in other areas of the city.
We enjoyed going and wished we'd been able to spend more time seeing the exhibits. However, we are big fans of contemporary art and if you're not you might not enjoy it as much.
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I think we will defer the decision until we get there.
Jul 6th, 2003, 06:24 AM

www.Labiennale.org has the details of exhibitions and fares.
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
ss

Hi, we were there at the 1st day or 2. There were a lot of dealer parties and we just walked into some of the parties and exhibits. I'm an artist and well - some of that stuff I think they have a lot of nerve calling "Art". It was a fun time, but if you happen to run into it, stick yr nose in and decide. Not something I would plan or go out of my way for. It does make Venice a busy time - primarily with the dealers.
Ciao!