Reload this Page >

Help with Tuscany

Search

Help with Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:47 AM
Justin

Help with Tuscany

Am going to FLorence and then Venice but would like to spend two nights around Tuscany before heading to Venice. Where Should we stay? We are looking for something very scenic(olive grove, vineyard) but not too far from town. Borgo San felice, Amorosa, and San Leonino are all booked - help!!!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Rex

What month? or even better, specific dates, if you want someone to help you, using availability checkers.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:21 AM
topper

topping a ones-y<BR><BR>for Justin<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:43 AM
Dario

If I were you I would contact Jessica at [email protected] and ask for a room at the Villa Belvedere near Mercatale inbetween Siena and Florence.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:17 AM
Alice

Try www.charmerelaxe.com ??<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:46 AM
Justin

We are going in May and really want to see the country, visit an winery etc? But do not want to spend too much time driving in order to return the car to FLorence before heading to Venice. Has anyone stayed at CAstel Bigozzi?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
topper

topping for Justin

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:06 PM
sandi

check out www.travel-italy.com was a varied selection of villas and apts.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:37 AM
topper

topping for Justin

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Julie

Siena is about an hour and a half south of Florence, and is a wonderful medieval town with virtually no traffic (because the streets are so narrow) with a ton of great sights to see. Its a completele unique little city and a great place to spend a couple of days. You can reach EVERYTHING easily on foot and it is in the heart of Tuscany. To get to Venice from Siena by train, you will have to go back through Florence. Florence to Venice is a three hour (or less if you get a high speed train)ride.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:52 PM
dean

I like Siena, not as much as my wife bu I do like it. However with only 2 days and after visiting Florence, I wouldn't reccomend it. I would suggest Montalcino, if you are a wine lover, and San Gim if not. In Montalcino you can stay in town or just outside. With San Gim, I suggest you find an agrotourismo outside the old town. I will top mmy Florence suggestions so you can read some of the things we ahve done in the vicinity of each place. <BR><BR>