help with Trenitalia

Search

help with Trenitalia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with Trenitalia

I'm trying to buy 2 tickets from Rome to Florence on ES, 2nd class for Sept. 15. I got as far as the credit card page but then it just ended there. I was given an order #, but no mention of the day or time or anything really confirming that I had actually made a reservation. I'm afraid to try again because if it did go through, I don't want to have a duplicate. Any advice?
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
GAC

Why are you bothering buying these tickets in advance? Eurostar service between Rome and Florence is every 15-60 minutes throughout the day, and the trip takes only 95 minutes.

The DANGERS and limitations of "ticketless" travel (in case you miss your ES train by more than one hour) outweigh the benefits, and you can't even get a promotional discount when travelling second class on this route! So, why bother?

Have you read the Rules and Restrictions of ticketless travel on the Trenitalia website? Do you know that your electronic ticket loses all value if you miss your train by more than one hour without rebooking on a later ES train?
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:17 PM
ira

Hi S,

>I got as far as the credit card page but then it just ended there.<

Did you enter credit card info?

Do you have a pop up blocker installed?

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:23 PM

We are just recently back from Italy and my own advice would be to wait and buy your tickets as soon as you get to Rome.

You can do it at a train station (at the windows or at the machines) or any local travel agency.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM

Intrepid, Can you buy train tickets between Rome and other cities within Italy at the airport train station or do you wait until you get to Rome Termini? I was wondering if the airport station might be easier for a first time visitor? Thanks, Deborah
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your replies. Ira, I was able to enter my credit card info. and it was accepted but then nothing happened after that. I'm pretty sure it's the pop-up blocker that was causing my problem. I hadn't thought of that! But, based on what others have said, I think I'll just wait until I get to Rome and buy my tickets there.