Help with search on forum

Feb 13th, 2002, 05:31 AM
ginny

Help with search on forum

Is there some way to automatically be able to go to the posts one wrote to check if there are any responses? e.g. a my posts type of thing.... Or does one have to go through all the posts? I haven't been able to find any way to do this.

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:00 AM
elaine

You can search for your own name or part of your email address I believe, as long as you're looking for postings that are at least 3 weeks old or so
More recent postings haven't been indexed yet, and you'll have to just keep scrolling down on the left

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Mark

Alternatively if your posts were specific to a specific country you can highlight that country in the subject-search box and scroll down on the left hand side till you find them.

This saves scrolling through posts on the whole of Europe.

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:17 AM
MaryC

Elaine is right!! But last night I was searching for the thread on the NW GTG and it was #700 and something!! Very frustrating. And this is only after a few days of inactivity on that thread!!

The last time they indexed the board was after a few of us had made complaints. Maybe it's time to do that again. I believe one can e-mail them at [email protected]. Is that right, Rex??

But Ginny, you could also bookmark or "add to favorites" those threads that you want to keep up on. Then, when you no longer need it you just delete it! That helps until Fodor's re-indexes.

Feb 13th, 2002, 08:56 AM
ginny

Thanks to all of you. I really thought I was doing something wrong. Glad to hear it's not only me.

Feb 13th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Rex

Save the URL of your posting right after you post it - - and file it away separately in a separate (word processing) document (or anything like that).

Just right click on the message header (in the left hand column), and choose "Copy Shortcut" (in Internet Explorer) - - then paste that into a Word file (for example). For Netscape Navigator, it's "Copy Link Location".

The URL for THIS particular thread - - just to show it's done is:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1346180

(I chopped off this part: &numresponses=4&start=100 - - because it is unnecessary, and doesn't do anything).

Best wishes,

Rex

Feb 13th, 2002, 07:12 PM
MaryC

Topping for Jan who's experiencing the same problem.

Feb 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Fingers crossed

Have just e-mailed the editors here at Fodor's. Hopefully, we'll get a quick response this time. : )