Reload this Page >

Help with hotels in Florence and Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 10:35 AM
laurie

We are travelling with our kids and must find quad rooms during our stay in Florence (Hotel Battistero - by the Duomo) and Venice (Locanda della Acque - between Rialto and San Marcos). We found a couple of hotels, but I'd appreciate any comments as we still have some time to change if these are poor choices. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 11:20 AM
steve

NAME: Il Ghiro. We were a bit skeptical when he approached us in the train station but he said just come and see it - no obligation. It was only 2 blocks from the Stazione Central F S <BR>And a short walk to the Duomo. The rooms were big and had thier own bathroom and looked newly renovated. We stayed both nights in Firenze because it was such a good deal. Even a kitchen in the lobby and washer/dryer for 5000lire($2.50) The attendant was also the owner. Icant quite remember his namebut real nice - pointed out all to see inthe city and restaurants even made reservation for us in our next city <BR>I must admit it was the cheapest, most enjoyable stay in all of northern Italy during our 2 week excursion TEL 0338 279 55 44 / 00-39-55-282086 <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 03:27 PM
nikki

I got back a few weeks ago...we stayed at a great hotel named The Bellevue,very small I think about 7 rooms total.The rooms were a good size,very clean and quiet. The hotel is located on the top floor of the bldg. and has a charming staircase that leads you up(sorry no lift).It is walking distance from everything and close enough to the train station that we walked when we arrived and departed!I have to mention Antonio the gentleman that either owns or runs it,he is very kind and is even mailing me a disposable camera we left at the hotel(I was very happy they didnt dispose of it when they found it being that they had no idea whos it was!) I will definitely be staying there the next time we visit Florence. One thing though, there are no toilets in the room ,they have two in the hallway and they are very,very clean! The showers although are in the rooms!Oh yeah and depending on how many kids you are bringing,there is a room that is definitely large enough for a family of four! They do not offer breakfast, but that was fine because its fun to go to cafes in the morning! Have fun gt

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 07:34 AM
m

We stayed in quads in those cities: <BR>Venice - Hotel FLora <BR>Florence - Hotel Casci <BR>Both were 1 large room for the 4 of us. My kids each had there own bed. The flora had two bathrooms. It is very charming (rooms decorated with antique-type furniture) and in a quiet location a few short blocks from san marco. The casci also is in a good location. Very clean and friendly but the rooms were ordinary. The family that runs it is lovely. It is also quiet. I don't know about your choices but would return to either of these. Many comments on these are found on this board. <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 07:41 AM
ctemp

My wife and I are going to be traveling in Venice the 1st week in September. We are looking for a clean, comfortable and economic hotel or appartment near the San Marco Plaza. If anyone has any suggestions I would enjoy hearing them. <BR> <BR>Thanks and happy travels, <BR> <BR>CTemp