French Post Help, S.V.P

Jun 12th, 2001, 10:32 AM
scurry

French Post Help, S.V.P

When we were in France, my wife and I sent a couple of care packages via La Poste.

I was hoping that someone who understood French could take a look at the La Poste website (www.laposte.fr) to see if there is a section where I can track my packages. They haven't arrived yet which makes me kind of nervous.

My French is OK but the site is overwhelming -- I don't know where to start. If oyu could just post or email me the URL (www.XXX.xx), it would be fantastic.

merci

Jun 12th, 2001, 10:49 AM
jahoulih

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.laposte.fr/csuivi/

Jun 12th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Book Chick

Steve,
If you go to Google & type in www.laposte, it will bring up selections of sites with "(translate this)" at the end of it. If you click on the request "translate", it will bring the site up in English. I think you'll find the info you seek toward the middle to lower right-hand side on the screen. I often use Google when seeking info on stuff in other countries, as it does often offer this translation feature.

Good Luck,
BC

Jun 12th, 2001, 03:42 PM
scurry

I don't know much French, but I know enough to know that this doesn't look good:

Il n'y a pas d'événements pour ce colis. Veuillez vérifier le numéro sur votre bordereau de transport.

Jun 13th, 2001, 12:44 AM
AnnaC

scurry, you're right - that isn't good. It's saying "There are no events for this parcel. Please check the number on your transport form" That's a bit of a literal translation but I think it's clear what it means. Are you sure you're keying in the correct number?

By the way, for future reference, try using babelfish.altavista.com to translate. It's not perfect, but it will help a lot. I tried it to see how it would handle this, and it got it pretty much OK, although it did translate bordereau de transport as form of transport which could be confusing if you started thinking about buses, trains, planes, etc!

Jun 13th, 2001, 08:53 AM
scurry

Thank you all.

The site gave me a phone number to call. If we don't see the packages in a week, I'll call.