Help with Honeymoon Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this seem like a reasonable itinerary? Any adjustment recommendations? Ideas for blank spots? Will we have enough time in locations?<BR><BR>6/23- Arrive: 4:05 pm in Nice<BR>6/23- Check into hotel, explore Nice<BR>6/24- Spend the day in Nice, take bus to Montecarlo<BR>6/24- Spend late afternoon in Montecarlo, spend the night<BR>6/25- Explore Montecarlo<BR>6/26- Cinque Terre<BR>6/27- Cinque Terre<BR>6/28-? Any recommendations?<BR>6/29-? Any recommendations?<BR>6/30- Arrive in Florence<BR>7/1- Florence, attend opera (Otello) in evening.<BR>7/2- Florence<BR>7/3- Scooter to San Gimignano, <BR>7/4- Greve in Chianti<BR>7/5- Montecatini Terme (spa town)<BR>7/6- Siena<BR>7/7- AM Train to Rome<BR>7/8- Rome<BR>7/9- Rome<BR>7/10- Depart Rome 11:20 am<BR>
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:53 PM

I assume you are flying into Nice and out of Rome.Stop for awile somewhere!Arriving somewhere in afternoon after a transatlantic flight then leaving 24 hours or less later? I option is to rent a place somewhere in tuscany rest awile and take day trips from there perhaps between Florence and Siena (Castilanti in Chianti?)<BR>A vacation does not consist of packing or unpacking.RR
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:02 PM

I see 5 overnite destinations here--maybe 6 max. Lucca is your blank spot. Will you consider a car in Tuscany?
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:10 PM

That sounds exhausting! Would you (and your budget) consider a cruise? My husband and I spent 4 days in Rome and then got on a cruise ship. We went to Corsica, Portovenere (my favorite!), Portofino, Saint Tropez, Monte Carlo, and Nice (I am missing once place???). Then we spent 4 more days in Nice. It was the best for us because we didn't spend out trip checking in and out of hotels; unpacking and packing! <BR><BR>We were able to see lots of different places and still have time to be relaxed and have a good time! <BR><BR>If you have any questions, email [email protected]
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:19 PM

Tango?<BR><BR>What was the cruise you went on , it sounds great!!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:25 PM

We went on a Windstar Cruise which was absolutely beautiful and romantic for a honeymoon. The ship holds around 300 people and it quite small, so it fits into ports that the larger ships can't. <BR><BR>Our one disappointment was that the food was supposed to be 5 star and it just wasn't. It was good, but I was glad we could partake of the wonderful cafes and restaurants in France and Italy.<BR><BR>You might want to check out all the different cruise lines that go that route. I use www.cruisecritic.com. They have great boards where people give their opinions and they also have great reviews, etc.<BR><BR>It was wonderful!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:35 PM

The first few days seem utterly exhausting, and I'm thinking back to how totally wiped out I was after our wedding, and we didn't even go overseas for a honeymoon.<BR>I think a slower-paced itinerary in general might be a better idea. I'm sure you're young and full of energy, but you have no idea how that wedding actually sucks the life out of you and leaves you piqued for the next week or so.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:41 PM

StCirq is right. You will probably be tired after the wedding. We got married on a Saturday night and didn't leave for our honeymoon until Monday night. That worked out great because we went to brunch with our friends on Sunday and then headed to my parents house to open gifts and visit with them before we went into &quot;travel mode.&quot;