Help with Capri trip

Feb 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Help with Capri trip

We will be in Capri for 3 days and nights and I realy wan tot try to plan it out. I was hopping someone could help me with suggestions. I think the first day we get there after coimmuting from Rome we would like to relax and be lazy. Day 2 and 3, I was hopping to take a boat tour around the island and getting to see the blue grotto etc. and w would also like to see poistano and maybe sorrento. Can any of you give me some ideas on how to go about. Companies and names and itineraries would be much appreciated. This is for our honeymoon
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:02 AM

Boats run frequently round Capri and to the Grotta Azzurra, but entry to the cave is only possible if the sea is really calm. See www.lasercaprisrl.com and www.motoscafisticapri.com. There are lots of boats to Sorrento and summer services to Positano and Amali, as well as Ischia and Napoli. Schedules vary greatly according to the time of year and are best checked at the harbour in Capri.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

How would you suggest touring parts of amalfi in 1 day from Capri. I get the idea that I should take a ferry to Sorrenot then from their go to pompeii and then go to positano, does that make sense. I really appreciate all your help palnnign a wedding and a honymoon is slowly aging me.
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM

While you can take the bus when you get to Sorrento, the fastest way to get around would be to rent a car if that's in your budget. That way you can go at your own pace. Among other things, there are many ceramica shops along the Amalfi coast road to stop at and you can stop at all the towns along the way.
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Considering I do not want to drive esp. on the cost, any other suggestions
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM

Annette - Really you need two days to do the Amalfi Coast and Pompei.

If you really want to do it in one day, you could combine POSITANO and POMPEI by public transport. Here's how I would do it:

- Take the first morning hydrofoil from Capri to Positano. Spend a couple of hours there, then ...

- Take the Positano-Sorrento bus as far as META (25 mins). Get off in the piazza at Meta and walk down to the railway station.

- Take the Circumvesuviana train (direction Naples) to POMPEI SCAVI (Trains every 30 mins, journey time 30 mins)

- After visiting Pompei, take the train back to SORRENTO (trains every 30 mins, journey time 35 mins), - from where you can catch the last ferry/hydrofoil back to Capri.

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:51 AM
ira

Hi agrech,

I agree with Steve.
There is an orange bus that will take you from the foot of the town up to the coast road and the SITA bus stop to Sorrento or Amalfi.

Check the schedules carefully.

You might also consider a day spent on the ferry from Capri to Amalfi, visit Ravello, SITA bus back to Positano (it drops you off at the top of the town) walk down to the beach, ferry to Capri.

Check the schedules. see http://www.ondaverde.it/orari_traghettii.htm

Feb 12th, 2004, 06:19 AM

Be sure to check for the time of the last ferry/hydrofoil that returns to Capri. You don't want to get stuck on the mainland and you can expect the last departure of the day to be crowded.
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:21 AM

You should try to visit Ravello...I have heard that it's magical!