Reload this Page >

help! where is vilseck, germany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 11:54 AM
irene spotswood

Would anyone have any information on a village called Vilseck in Germany? like where it is located, what is the nearest village to it? thanks for your help. Irene

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 12:34 PM
KK

Thhank mi nao, andt praze me lateyr! <BR>At the red cross on the following map. It is near Regensburg, in Bavaria <BR> <BR>http://www.mapblast.com/mblast/map.m...x=45&zoom.y=48

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 06:43 PM
harzer

Vilseck is not really near Regensburg at all. If you go almost due north of Regensburg you come to Amberg. Maybe 15km north of Amberg as the flow cries is the village of Vilseck, famous it seems for its Church of St Aegidius. You are now about equidistant from Nuremberg and Bayreuth.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 12:20 PM
Tanyia

Harzer is correct. It's very close to Amberg. About 15 mins. Can I ask why you are looking for it? My husband and I lived there for 3 years while in the military. It gave me nearly all my German. We're going back on Thursday and I am so excited!

Old Apr 11th, 2000, 07:07 AM
Donna

My son is in the militaty there and when he returns from kosovo we plan to visit him. Do you have an suggestions as what to do and see while we are there?

Old Apr 12th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Bobbi

Donna - The cheap way is for your son to book tours for you from the military community in Vilseck. The U.S. Army Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) offers a variety of tours/tips/advice. Carlson WagonLit, usually near the Post Exchange (PX) is the Army-contracted travel agency over there. They also offer a variety of tours and trips. Also try www.ArmyGermany.com for information about Germany, phone numbers, places to go, and "insider" Army info. Have fun. Summer in Germany is wonderful. Have a brat and a beer!!