HELP! Vienna and Salzburg Accommodation

Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:21 PM
cindycat

HELP! Vienna and Salzburg Accommodation

Hi Everyone,

I'm still struggling to find a good, yet cheap pension or 2-3 star hotel in Vienna and Salzburg. Any suggestions? My budget is no more than $50 USD per night, and I'm looking for something close if not in the city centres.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
Bob Brown

Last September near Salzburg I stayed at the Sallerhof in the suburb of Grödig. The rate will be about $40 for one person including a big!! breakfast of delicious foods. Much better than anything I ever found in the USA by far.
That may not be too practical because you would need to ride Bus 55 to get there. I think it depends on what you want to do at night. I am not sure what time the last bus runs because we had a car. I just know the place was fairly cheap and not too bad for the money. I am assuming from the posting that you are asking about 1 person.
The rate for 2 is about
$60 which is higher than what you stated.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:45 AM
ellen

Try the Hotel Goldenen Ente, a three-star in Salzburg. My single room last June was under $50.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:59 AM
Heather

Last May, I stayed at the Hotel Restaurant Weisses Kreuz in Salzburg, which would fit your budget. It is directly below the fortress and an excellent value as well as perfect location. Nothing fancy, but very clean, the staff is great, and the private bathroom had a hairdryer. Oh, and the restaurant serves very good food for a low price, too.
http://www.salzburginfo.at/topic_rest/client/weisses_kreuz/first_e.htm

In November '99, I stayed with a friend at the Pension Franz in Vienna, which is 2 blocks from transportation and 1 block outside of the Ring. Very good value, too, and a wonderful staff who gave us terrific advice on restaurants and sights. They even upgraded us to the one room with a balcony and a sunken bedroom with a chandelier. It's on the 2nd floor, but there is an elevator. At night, it was dark on the ground floor, so I would recommend bringing a small flashlight.
http://www.hotels.or.at/franz/

Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:10 AM
cristina

Hi,

In August 00 I stayed at Hotel Die Post in Wien and in Pension Schwarzes Rössl (Academia Hotels)in Salzburg. Both were unexpensive and centrally located, all the major attractions were within walking distance.

Check also this web were you´ll find info about hotels in Austria:

http://www.tourist-net.co.at/

Hope this helps.

Cristina