Reload this Page >

2.5 Days in Ireland? Best Bets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:21 AM
Jack

Flying in and out of Dublin (from London), with only 2.5days in between. Love coastal scenery and castles. Very willing to drive. Does anyone have any "don't miss" itineraries? Is Dingle out of the question, if we want to see part of Dublin?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:34 AM
Harry

I have a similar question: I will have 3.5 days, working out of Waterford. I have done some reading and checking on the Ireland National Tourist Board site. I am thinking about Waterford, Dingle, The Burren, Cashel, and Cahir. That doesn't get me to Dublin, but I thought it would give me a good view of the South and East.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:57 AM
Lillie Harty

Being realistic you are better off to enjoy Dublin and the nearby countryside.Dingle is about 6 hours away,maybe 7 if the traffic is heavy.<BR>I suggest you put the following words into the text search boxublin,Wicklow,Glendalough,<BR>Newgrange or look them up in google.com

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:46 AM
Bill

I'm with Lillie. 2.5 days would be tough to get to Dingle and enjoy it and get back to Dublin.<BR><BR>Harry - that looks like an extremely rushed schedule. Figure a full day on Dingle and a full day in Cashel and Cahir. I think the Burren is too much. Driving time from Waterford to Dingle is about 5 hours if you don't stop lots of times and that's hard to avoid.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:49 AM
Ann

Dingle is way too far to fit within your time frame.<BR><BR>If you want a coast drive, head north, and do the Antrim Coast road. There are a couple of castles along the way: Carrickfergus Castle not too far out north of Belfast and Dunluce Castle (ruins, but pretty nifty). Belfast is about 2-2.5 hours drive from Dublin, and you continue on for a few more hours up along the coast. Terrific drive and scenery.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:35 AM
Bill

That's a good idea Ann. NI north of Belfast is spectacular.