Help trying to play July italy Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I'm trying to plan a trip in July to Italy. This is somewhat of a schedule I have planned. There are 3 of us 2 adults and a teenager. All in good shape and ready to do aot of walking. We will be flying in on July 23rd to Rome. I have until July 30th to spend in Italy before leaving on a cruise out of Rome. So was wondering what you all thought and could suggest. Night 1 stay in rome not too far from Train station to catch train in AM to Venice. Spend 3 days in Venice..We would like a nice hotel in the 250.00 - 300.00 US Dollar range. Then take the train to Florence for one night. Then Rome for 2 Nights. Im also considering leaving straight from the airport to the train and take it to Venice that evening since we will arrive in Rome around 1:30 pm I thought maybe I should just go straight to Venice. Does this schedule sound good? Is there somewhere else I should try and stay? i don't care about relaxing since Im going on a 12 night cruise following all this...Any hotel suggestions location suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks so much
Jamie
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM

Take the train on the day you arrive..you have plenty of time to get to Venice at a decent hour. I loved the Pensione Accademia in the Dorsoduro neighborhood but there are so many options in Venice. The Accademia has some large rooms that might be suitable.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM
nbujic

By the time you get out of the Rome airport and get to the RS (and Venice) you will have lost one day.
Why not stay in Venice ( or Florence, Siena) ) for 3 days and and the rest in Rome ( if you are interested in seeing the city).
It is usually very hot that time of year so make sure you have AC in all hotels

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM

I agree to go directly to Venice on arrival, this makes one less hotel change. Better to have all 3 nights in Rome at the end. Since you'll only have a day or day and a half in Florence, make sure to make reservations for the Accademia to see David. I think I'd skip the Uffizi with so little time in Florence, but if art is a major goal, then make a reservation there as well.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 06:25 AM
ira

Hi T,

Is there a reason for not flying into Venice and out of Rome?