Help!! SKI TRIP in Austria luxury?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Ladia

Help!! SKI TRIP in Austria luxury?

We are going to Austria for spring skiing for our honeymoon. We heard the Gasthof Post is nice...do you recommend it or another property?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:56 AM
John

Yikes! Ladia:<BR><BR>Austria is a big place with many fine resorts! Which resort are you refering to??<BR>&quot;Lech am Alberg&quot; is the place to go for a Honeymoon! What price are you looking for?<BR>JOHN

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Lad

John,<BR><BR>The hotel is in Lech am Alberg. This is a description of the <BR>hotel:http://www.travelintelligence.net/wsd/hotels/htls_1046.html<BR><BR>It looks great! We will be there the end of March beginning of April. I think for skiing and romance, it sounds good. Do you know it?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:48 PM
myles

lech is very up market not over pretty try oberlech very quaint it is just up the mountain a little. <BR>if you are truly rich try staying in st cristoph or just vivit for the afternoon.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:52 AM
John

Ladia:<BR>Gasthof Post is a 5-star property in Lech. Which should be wonderful. Another hotel that a friend spent her Honeymoon in was the Gasthof Arlberg.<BR>I had drinks at the Post and saw the Arlberg. I could not afford to stay at either!!<BR>You might want to check out the area for where you want to stay.<BR>In town of Lech will give you the access to all facilities<BR>You might want to consider staying in the car-free area of Overlech! (nice place for a cozy couple!)<BR>Zurs, a bit more upscale and isolated, but has quick access to the beautiful slopes!<BR>I can go on and on.....A Honeymoon in Lech, Zurs, St. Christoff, and Overlech will be magical!<BR>JOHN