Reload this Page >

Help! Should i stay at Villa Rosa in Positano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:13 AM
julie1

I have a room booked at villa rosa hotel in positano and was very excited until i found out that most of my view of the sea is blocked by a neighboring hotel. apparently the room has a large terrace but the view is questionable. i will only be there for two days. For anyone who has stayed at villa rosa- would you still stay there or is the view the best thing about the hotel? I don't intend on spending that much time in the room. this was the only room they had left. i also have options of staying at hotel pasitea in positano or staying in capri at luna. i have heard a lot of good posts about villa rosa and am interested in your advice.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:25 AM
Julie

sorry, forgot to include cost of room is 135 euros and view of sea is blocked by hotel le sirenuse.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:22 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:33 AM
Sue

Stayed there late May, '02 and loved it! Charming little family-owned hotel, friendly front desk, good location, and our room, nicely furnished, had a terrace with a lovely view of the mountains and the sea. I don't think you could go wrong staying there, unless the lack of a completely unobstructed view bothers you. I would return in a minute!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:35 AM
Sue

Typo: stayed there in '01, not '02.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Julie

thanks for your input sue, that is what i wanted to hear.<BR><BR>Does anyone else agree or disagree?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:52 AM
david

We stayed there in May in Room 18. Very nice room, beautiful view, very nice staff. We were above Le Sirenuse, so our view was unobstructed, but it did occur to us that some of the rooms on the lower floor might have their views in that particular direction at least partly blocked by LS. But I think even those rooms will have good views in other directions.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Laura

Has anyone stayed in room #22 at Villa Rosa?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:36 PM
kiki

Julie,<BR>Don't worry about not seeing the ocean. The key is to see the hills that make up Positano. That is the magical view, when dusk sets in, and the twinkling lights in the mountain appear. <BR>Room #22 should logically be on the same floor as Room #18. <BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Sue

A bit of a digression, but I wonder if the price of 135 euro is an example of prices having been raised as a result of the intro of euro, as other posters have mentioned about Europe in general. In May of '01 we paid less than $100 for our room in Villa Rosa. Perhaps May was considered low season, so the 135 euro may reflect the season change as well as/instead of an increase due to lira to euro conversion. Just musing.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
amy

Hi -- I just got back from my stay at the villa rosa -- i was in room 21. it was wonderful. hands down one of the best places for the money i have ever stayed in. room 22 (for the person who asked) is immediately next to the reception area -- we peeked in on our way out and foudn it was much larger than our room with a pretty coved ceiling, but again, right next to the reception area. we were just next door and had no problem with noise or anything, so i'm not sure if the location is any problem. the views from both 22 and 21 are TO DIE FOR. you are on the second floor and have equal water/town view and it's just breathtaking. plus the people who run the hotel could not be nicer -- they carry your bags up the 74 steps to your room (yep, 74. trust me. you start counting) and did an excellent job cleaning. the breakfast was very cute, served exactly at the time you request out on the terrace, which is full of beautiful flowers and very comfy sling-back canvas chairs. there's a mini fridge in the room to stash a bottle of wine in (which we did) so you can have a drink at night on the terrace. i too paid $135 euro and it was a STEAL compared to the sireneuse (which had a much lower view). i'm not sure about the lower floor rooms and their view, but i wouldn't worry too much -- it's still worth it.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Sue

Amy, it's good to hear that someone else liked it as well as we did; it is a wonderful little place!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:39 PM
Tess

A charming little hotel ! I stayed at the Villa Rosa in Apr-99. I'll have to flip thru my travel journal to see what room I stayed in.<BR><BR>Julie, even if your room has an obstructed view, you can take advantage of being across the street from Le Sirenuse. We went over there and had pre-dinner drinks in their lounge that overlooks the bay --- went elsewhere for dinner as their prices were outside budget.<BR>

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Debra

Julie<BR>My husband, son and I just got back from Positano. We sayed at the Villa Rosa. It is a small hotel across the street from the Sirenuse which is a 5 star hotel. The View from our balcony was spectacular. The only down side were the many steps leading up to the reception. I hope your in good cardio shape! Don't worry, the hotel is sparse but a very good deal 130 euro. The owners are nice and the rooms are clean. We also had drinks and dinner at the Sirenuse and loved it! Our balcony was on the small side but that's because our room was larger to accomodate the extra bed for my son. I really don't think you can go wrong. Positano is so beautiful. Have fun.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 07:02 AM
topper

topping for greg re. villa rosa hotel

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Topper

ttt AGAIN for Greg

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:20 PM
TTT

ttt for Mark

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
Debra

We just got back from Positano and we stayed at the Villa Rosa. It's a lovely bed and Breakfast. The rooms all have balconies overlooking the Sea and I think the hotel that may be partially blocking your view is the Sirenuse just across the street. If I'm not mistaken, I know the room you have and I really wouldn't worry about it. The balconies are spacious and the hotel although sparse is extremely clean and comfortable. The owners couldn't be nicer and the location is great. Just be aware that there are many steps leading up to the reception area so I hope your in good shape! If not you will be after this. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
Sue

I question your use of "sparse", Debra; I thought it was, by intention, minimalist in design. Not meaning to split hairs, but sparse to me means a bit lacking, and we found it to be quite adequately furnished, decorated, etc. I thought the uncluttered look was part of the open, airy, beach-y appeal! (Perhaps this is just a semantic difference of opinion!)

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Sue

ttt, for Daisy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -