Reload this Page >

Help... Provence/Lyon

Search

Help... Provence/Lyon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 01:23 PM
TBH

Help... Provence/Lyon

Can anyone reccommend good, somewhat reasonably priced restaurants in Arles, Avignon and Lyon? <BR> <BR>Thank you, <BR> <BR>TBH

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Me

<BR>Hi TBH, <BR> <BR>We had a a great meal at Maitre Kanter in Avignon. I understand that it is a chain, but the oysters, lamb and duck were wonderful. For a more expensive, but incredibly good meal, I'd recommend Christian Etienne in Avignon. <BR> <BR>In Lyon, try Le Bistrot de Lyon and Maitre Pierre. Both are on the Rue Merciere. Check the menus outside. If these are not to your liking just stroll down Rue Merciere. It is lined on both sides with restaurant after restaurant. You'll definitely find something! <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 10:25 PM
Chris

In Lyon, try Le Nord (about $30-$40/person) or Le Merciere (on rue Merciere), same price range. I don't care for Le Bistro de Lyon -- their quennelles aren't up to "my" standards (but are at the two places noted above.) <BR> <BR>It all depends on what you want to eat, what you drink, WHERE you eat and drink!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:57 PM
Joelle

In Lyon, you can go for : Le Nord, Le Sud, chez Jean-Francois, Alex Chevallier, Boeuf d'Argent, restaurant La Voute-chez Lea,, l'Est, les Muses de L'opera, Les Adrets. <BR>Just email me, should you like the phone numbers and exact adresses.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Lori

In Lyon, we ate at a wonderful restaurant named Restaurant Anticipation. Run by a husband and wife, she runs the front, he cooks. He studied with Daniel Boulud. The food was terrific, the next night we ate at Paul Bocuse, Anticipation was much better! Small little place near the Opera, I'm sorry but I do not have the address.