Help on Venice hotels

Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:38 AM
Greg

Help on Venice hotels

Plannning a trip to Italy next April & May and need suggestions on 2 or 3 star hotel. Has anybody stayed at the Hotel Iris? Any help will be appreciated!
Greg

Sep 2nd, 2001, 08:20 AM
Joanne

Greg: Try the following sites:

www.venere.it
www.hotelguide.ch/
www.venicehotel.com/
www.italiantourism.com

I'm sure you'll be able to find something at one of these sites.

j

Sep 2nd, 2001, 08:31 AM
Jack

Hi,
We stayed at Hotel Giorgione, [email protected]. It was excellent - and we've booked it for this years trip. About $200. per night - a 3 star hotel. The desk was particularily helpful and we liked the location. We walked to San marco and walked to the ferry to Marano.
Good luck.

Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:21 PM
PJ

Hi Greg,
We spent 2 nights in Venice Sept of 99 and also stayed at Hotel Giorgione..It was wonderful, and I think we spent about the same as above post. We dropped car we drove from Cinque Terre at the airport. We easily got on a bus to the train station, and from there we took the vaporetto to the 5th stop. We walked a short distance to the hotel. I emailed the hotel prior to our visit and they sent me a map with directions..very helpful people and romantic, lovely hotel--away from the crowds at St. Mark but not a far walk.
PJ

Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:48 PM
Sherry

Just stayed at Hotel Principe in Venice. Near the train station and great breakfast (included in price) Nice rooms too, with air conditioning.