Search

Help on Itinerary - Poland, Prague, Germany - 10 days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help on Itinerary - Poland, Prague, Germany - 10 days

Hello Friends,

We are a couple from India with a 3.5 year old daughter and are planning to visit in April 24 last week. We have the following broad plan and request for suggestions if we can do the same (doable and feasible) and if we can get a itinerary please...the below is our plan

1. Poland - 4 days - preferrably Krakow ...would also like to visit Auswitz camp for a day

2. Prague - 2 days 1 night - we have visited prague twice earlier and have seen it...we just have a days work in Prague hence its on our plan.

3. Next 4 to 5 days we wanted to visit Halstad (we have seen rest of Austria earlier) and some old german towns in Bavarian region (thats the only part of germany we have not visited)...

We would like to stay at 1 hotel in Krakow , 1 hotel in Prague and 1 hotel in Germany....

While this sounds too tight...will be grateful if i can get some suggestions.

We love to explore local cuisine, exploring the places, medival towns etc...

Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited by nitishraj; Jul 26th, 2023 at 07:26 AM.
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are no age limits to visiting Auschwitz but generally it is not a good idea for kids under 14 to go. A child at 3 1/2 I guess up to you but the place is not a nice one and a lot of adults will be in various versions of distress.
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 10:47 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
How are you getting around?
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 09:17 PM
Original Poster

cdnyul We will be using public transport and Trains to move between cities...

bilboburgler Thanks for the suggestion...really helpful...while im keen on visiting Auschwitz, but agree with what you say and now deciding not to visit there OR i go by myself on a day visit without wife and daughter

Thanks
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 10:42 PM

Of Poland I liked Krakow (I went when the steel mill was still destroying the lungs of the natives) and it is worth a visit on its own. You might also like the Salt mine nearby.

Warsaw, was not so impressive but I'm guessing they have upgraded with all that EU money. Gdansk was especially nice.
Old Jul 27th, 2023, 12:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
The two hotels I am familiar with in Krakow are Best Western Stare Miasto and Polonia.

I checked the Best Western website and they now offer "discounted rates for Ukrainian refugees" I would not recommend it now..

Polonia is older, the hotel dates back to communist times, it does have some old charnm if that is your thing.

Stare Miasto is about as medieval as it gets, unfortunately it is totally polluted by mass tourism with restaurants with "traditional" Polish names:
House of Beer, Trattoria MamaMia, Pizzatopia, RamenPeople, etc.

A restaurant serving traditionl Polish food is Chata on Krowodorska. I would suggest trying a sampler and just havin a bite or two. Eat the whole thing and you will feel it for the next four days.

If you do go,please resist the temptation to take a horsey ride, those poor animals are worked to death by their owners in pursuit of tourist dollars.

There are a couple of small museums on Florianska; Jan Matejko House and The Farmacy Museum.

Check the calendar for religious holidays, the Polish Catholic Sharia takes them seriously, they will shut down everything for days on end.

The steel mill might be closed, but if you happen to be in Krakow during heating season, you will be breathing the most polluted air in Europe

Old Jul 27th, 2023, 03:00 PM

don't take a 3.5 year old to a concentration camp.. I know they will probably not understand, but it is not a nice place. It is a difficult visit for adults.
Old Jul 28th, 2023, 05:46 AM

If you've already been to Prague and don't feel like exploring more in the city, you could use one of your Prague days to do a day trip to Cesky Krumlov - it's an ADORABLE, charming medieval city, complete with a great castle and lovely river winding through it.
Old Jul 28th, 2023, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by cdnyul

The steel mill might be closed, but if you happen to be in Krakow during heating season, you will be breathing the most polluted air in Europe
Good point, well made