Reload this Page >

Help...Nerja hotels for May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Monica

I have had no luck in finding any availability in the two hotels that were suggested on this site by my fellow Fodorites. Hotel Carebo(spelling) and Balcon de Europe are booked. Does anyone have any suggestions of a hotel that has a nice view of the water and less than $120. Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 03:13 PM
owner of hotel

I'm the owner of Balcon de Europe and we don't allow anybody with a name that starts with M to stay at our hotel. For some reason, we always seem to have bad things happen when we do. I'm sorry. You'll have to find somewhere else to stay. Please don't consider staying here.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:15 AM
Meg

Hi Monica, <BR> <BR>I'm an "M" too so I guess I couldn't have stayed at the BdE either. <BR> <BR>I don't have a hotel suggestion, but when I stayed in Nerja in Nov. of 99 we stumbled upon a great pension called Casa Mercedes (hey, another "M"). It was a private home with about 5-7 rooms. The rooms that we saw all were nice but pretty basic (but clean), but the room my friend stayed in had a double bed and a little private patio. The pension also has a beautiful large patio with a great view of the sea. It's in a residential part of Nerja, so it's quiet, but very easy walking distance to restaurants & shops. They also had a little kitchen/eating area that guests could use if they wanted. I know at busier times of the year they do serve breakfast, but when we were there it was off-season so they weren't doing that. I don't know if you are strictly a hotel type of person, it might not be for you, but we loved it and would stay there again. I don't have the phone and address info here but I did find a website (although the photo isn't loading) http://rimstarintl.com/mer00001.htm <BR>I'm pretty sure I have a card with an email address at home. I can look for it if you like. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip, I loved Nerja.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Meg

Monica, I forgot to mention that Casa Mercedes is extremely reasonable in price. Even during May I'd bet it's probably less than $60 a night. Leaves more $$ for going out to eat!

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Monica

Thats funny! Too bad for me that my name starts with a M....Oh well. <BR>Thankyou Meg for your suggestion...i'm going to look into it. I would appreciate the information if you can get it. Oh by the way...did you have a private bathroom...I don't mind staying at a home and it may be nicer than a hotel...but I would want to have a private bathroom.The price is right! Thanks for your help

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 08:56 AM
dahlia

I have the same problem but in April though. It seems that a big group will be in Nerja in April and will be booking most hotels. Monica, did Hotel Carabeo inform you that they are booked? In my case, I never got a reply from them. Help, fellow Fodorites what is your favorite hotel in Nerja other than those also mentioned/booked? Thanks.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Meg

Monica, I'll look tonight for the info. I might even have a few photos I could scan & email to you so you can see what the place looks like. They also have a small dog & cat that wander about the place, very friendly. I love animals so I found that charming, but not everyone does. It is in a residential type neighborhood, but there was a small pub right down the street that was owned by an English woman.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 10:11 AM
dahlia

Meg, please post the info here also. I am very much interested to get further info re the hotel. Thanks

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Monica

Delia, the hotel Carabeo never responded to me either. I faxed them 2 times. So I figured since they have a small number of rooms that they are booked. If I come accross any hotels on my own....which I haven't been able to, I will let you know. Meg I would love to see the info. Thanks

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Judi

Monica, Dahlia and Meg, Here is the website for Casa Mercedes: http://www.casamercedes.de/seite2.htm I don't know it but it is on the east side of town, my favorite section. Monica, did you try the Hotel Monica? It is a large hotel on the beach on the west side. If a sea view isn't important perhaps you would be interested in the Plaza Cavana, phone number:95 252 40 00. It is a block from the Balcon and a block from the beach. <BR>Dahlia, if you don't have any luck email me and I will send you the names and phone numbers of a few more hotels in Nerja.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Monica

Judi to the rescue again...thank you for the ideas. I will try to contact both places.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Meg

Judi is on the mark...thanks! Monica & Dahlia, I forgot to grab my travel book this morning, but the photos on the site do represent the place. We actually stayed in the twin bedded room on the site. Our friends' room was nicer than ours. I'm pretty sure I have a few photos of the sea from their terrace.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Judi

I just received an email from a person who spends a lot of time in Nerja re my request for alternate hotels. His suggestions were the Paraiso del Mar near the Parador and the Plaza Cavana. Good luck in finding accommodations.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Anne

Monica, <BR> <BR>We arrived in Nerja without a hotel reservation two summers ago and found every place we knew about fully booked. Fortunately, we found a room at Hotel Marissal. Very nice, reasonable and perfectly situated right on the Balcon de Europa. Their telephone number is 952 520 199.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 03:45 PM
dahlia

Judi, thanks so much for the Plaza Cavana and Paraiso del Mar. I was able to get reservations from both, now the big question is between Plaza Cavana and Paraiso del Mar which is better. How's the Hotel Carabeo compares to both Plaza Carabeo as far as location, facilities and view are concerned? Monica, did you get your reservation? If so, where did you decide to stay?

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 03:56 PM
dahlia

Sorry Judi, my last question should read: How do you compare Hotel Carabeo with Plaza Cavana and Paraiso del Mar (as far as location, facilities and view from your room?). Thanks again.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Judi

Dahlia, the Hotel Carabeo has the best location IMO but that's a moot point if it is not available. The Plaza <BR>Cavana is a block from the beach and the Balcon, in the old town. The Paraiso del Mar is probably about a seven minute walk to the town center on the eastern side. It would have sea views (I think). So it boils down to whether you want a sea view or do you want to be in the center of town. I have not been in either of them so can't tell you which would be better. I don't think you can go wrong because you will be in Nerja! BTW, it is pronounced Near-ha or Near-Kuh in case any of you didn't know. <BR>Monica, I hope you have found accommodations by now.