Help Needed - Tenerife lodging

Old Nov 14th, 2022, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Needed - Tenerife lodging

I have a few days to kill so I decided to visit Tenerife for the first time. Ryanair takes me to Tenerife South Airport. Which part of the island is recommended for staying 4 nights where public transportation is available. I will be there Nov 19 so beached donít have to be close. I will just visit Tenerife city and hike a couple of days. Any ideas?
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 07:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wet in the north, dry in the south, you choose
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 08:17 AM

Tenerife city??? It is Santa Cruz de Tenerife (to distinguish it from Santa Cruz de la Palma amongst others)

The south has a ton of cheap apartment blocks and hotels. Do a search on booking.com and see what comes up. Or look at Airbnb.
Car rental is cheap. Plenty of buses but they require some planning. They are called guaguas btw.
https://titsa.com/index.php/en/
Tons more information online.
Old Dec 1st, 2022, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for the late thank you, bilboburgler and hetismij2 . I couldn't figure out how to post "thank you" to my own thread using my iphone. I am home now so I am using my laptop.

I went to Tenerife for the first time and enjoyed very much I stayed in Santa Cruz and toured the island including La Laguna, Puerto Cruz and Teleferico del Teide, but could not get on the cable car because tickets were sold out for the day. So I hiked the desert to Montana Majua (?).

It was a quite a bus ride to the cable car! Climbing over 6000 ft. And I realized what bilboburgler said "wet in the north and dry in the south." meant.

Anyway, thank you bilboburgler and hetismij2.

I didn't have the time, but if I go back, I would love to take a ferry to Las Palmas in Gran Canaria.
Old Dec 2nd, 2022, 10:01 AM

My brother in law and his family live in La Perdoma, up the hill from Puerta de la Cruz on the north side of the island. We loved staying there in his neighbourhood, well away from the tourist areas. La Orortava is a nice area too. Of course, we also spent alot of time in P de la Cruz, circled the island, hiked up Teide, etc. The main city of Santa Cruz was actually our least favourite part of Tenerife.
Old Dec 3rd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

I wondered how people live way up on the hill of the north side of the island. Unless you have a car, it would be very difficult to climb up the steep hill on foot. There are buses but I wonder if they run frequently enough. Anyway climbing the hill on foot everyday would be challenging. I love the view from the hill, it's amazing to see people live so high on the hill. The downtown area, the touristy area, is full of condos.