Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help!! Need help with london hotel - FAST!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:43 PM
cherie

Just saw a special from 11th hour vacation - we can go to London for 6 nights - airfare and hotel for $850 per person. We've never been to London - the hotels they offer are the Montcalm, Millenium Knightsbridge - it says it's near Harrods - Millenium Mayfair and the Marriot Grosvenor Square( It's more expensive but only about $200 for all 6 nights) Does anyone know anything about any of them - Has anyone traveled with 11th hour vacations - it's such a good price - any advice would be great. Thanks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
ttt

threads re: Montcalm and Millenium Knightsbridge have been topped for you

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:03 PM
Geno

If you're talking about going within the next couple of months, $850 is a bit high. I just checked go-today.com and you can fly from the east coast with 6 nights at the Millenium Knightsbridge for $599 or the Montcalm for $699. They have low add-on fares from other cities. <BR><BR>I've used them, as have many others on this board (do a search) and they offer a good value.<BR><BR>Or, check out the sales on through British Airways and Virgin and check 6 nights at one of these hotels through lastminute.com or hotel-assist.com.<BR><BR>Have a great trip.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:00 AM
elaine

Take Geno's advice.<BR>Since during the winter there are many bargain air fares from the US to London, in the under $300 to $350 range, that means that between the two of you you are spending $1000-$1200 or more for six nights in the hotel. <BR><BR> London hotels are expensive on the average, and I'm not saying that you are not getting bargain rates at those particular hotels, just that if you would consider a lesser hotel or even other hotels just as good, you could probably put together an air and hotel package on your own for the same price, or less. And the airlines themselves offer bargains on air and hotel packages right now.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:25 AM
jane

I think you can get a better deal. We booked a trip thru Go-Today for $550pp, 7 days, 6 nights, including the small add-on fee. Last year we booked a trip to London ourselves and it was still cheaper than $850pp. If the price doesn't bother you, go for it. But if you do some searching I believe you'll be able to find the same trip cheaper.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:14 AM
xxx

Another example (if you are flying from the US) US Airways is offering special fares to London..i.e. Philadelphia to Gatwick for $223 roundtrip. Must book before 1/31/03 and complete travel by 3/31/03.<BR>Booking your airfare and then booking a hotel yourself could save you money.