HELP need apartment for hvar, trogir, and dubrovnik

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a good apartment up to 60 euros max for 2 adults and 3 year old child. We are going in sept. Also we would like to stay 5 days in each place to slow down our pace.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:59 AM

We leave on our trip to Venice and Croatia on 5/19! Here is where we are staying:

Trogir: http://www.hotelpasike.com/en/hotel.htm
550kn/night total for 2 adults - in private residence next door to the hotel, breakfast included

Hvar Town:
http://www.hvar-croatia.com/bicanic/indexeng.htm
50 euro/night for 2 adults, no breakfast

Dubrovnik: We are actually using Hilton points here, but I am sure others on Fodors may be able to help you with apartments.

So, we haven't actually stayed at these places yet, but I will report back on the quality upon our return.

Good luck!
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Check out dubrovnik-online.com. There are tons of apartment listings on there.

http://www.dubrovnik-online.com/engl...ommodation.php

In Trogir we stayed at Villa Pape and were quite pleased. Its on the back side of Ciovo island, just across the small bridge from Trogir. Its quite and we had a gorgeous view. The owners were wonderful; we had a wonderful long chat with them at breakfast and could have stayed all day. Our apartment was sparkling clean and quite cozy.

http://www.villa-pape.com/index.htm

Tracy

Old May 5th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Hi BetsyB
Have a terrific time!

We'll be staying at Family Bicanic (Hvar) in June. I look forward to hearing about the apartments and location. It looks pretty! Please post even a short note about it when you get back....

We leave June 2 (in Hvar June 9-12).

In Dubrovnik, we're at the Villa Adriatica (that little place with the huge terrace right out side of the Ploce Gate). I think the Hilton looks great!

Montrealvic? Have you had any luck, or are you driving yourselves nutts with internet surfing of the multitude of websites? I tell my friends that i may need some professional help (therapy) before it is all over! Good luck!

One site that has been really responsive and has lots of places for Trogir is website sea-gate. Their prices look a bit inflated though... In Korcula, I wanted apartment Leut, but it is booked. We'll be at Korcula-Val apartments 4 km outside of Korcula, 1.5 km from Lombarda (they do not take deposits).

Keep posting your progress.
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM

Trogir Area - nice accommodation at half island Ciovo just 4 km from Trogir with phantastic sea view, beautiful beaches and nature near-with lovely outdoor pool.
Prices for spacious apartment with big terasse about 45 Euro - 85 Euro depend of the season.
Check out at
http://www.villa-sunrise.com/
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM

I am staying here in Dubrovnik

http://www.dubrovnik-online.com/apartments_benussi/

I will warn you that I booked for late Sept and had to juggle by one day to get what I wanted. Reviews seem positive and it's very close to the Hilton where I plan to drop the rental car.

Trogir I am staying here

http://www.trogironline.com/stafileo/

Now, I don't have a clue where I found this one so I don't recall if it had good recommendations or not, but they have been very nice to deal with.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM

4everywhere, we too stayed at Villa Adriatica and it was absolutely lovely. The view from the balcony is just as amazing as it shows on their website, and sitting on it was a wonderful way to wake up each morning and each day.

We stayed at the Hilton for our final night and while we liked it, with all of its modern amenities and superb breakfast, I would trade it all for Villa Adriatica and that view in a heartbeat.

Tracy
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:41 AM

4everywhere,
You have a terrific time as well! Something tells me that will not be difficult to do in Croatia.

We do not come home until June 8, so I may/may not post on the Hvar accomodations before your departure, depending on how often we stop in an internet cafe. But, I will certainly try.

Thanks to all for your suggestions - it has made me re-evaluate some of our choices. Tracy, Villa Pape looks lovely and what a great price!

Happy trails to all,
Betsy
Old May 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM

Hello all, this post may become a "most recent- all in one" posting of where people are staying, or have stayed, or are considering...

I've researched alot of the different web sites, and of course there is overlap. Sometimes it is amazing to recognize locations on maps, in photos, etc. and have a "better feel" for the decision being made.

I have not found that it is necessarily a better rate if contacting a place directly. I have found it confusing to find a place on some websites and not be "given" the name of the property.

For Trogir, here have been some of my "choices" . I warn that I have not been yet to Croatia.

Villa Sv Petar (Rooms, maybe one apt.): very clean, rooms look smallish but very well appointed; great looking breakfast hall. Wonderful brother and sister run it. A bit more expensive.

Palace Stafileo: some great reviews on other forums, and very inexpensive compared to Villa Mere and Villa St Petar.
Also in a different location from the above two, which are more along the middle cut of the island (cutting from east edge to Riva) There are other private accomodations in the same building, one quite large and "personal" thru Sea-Gate (120 Euros a nite)

I think that Palace Derossi is near by with a great looking smallish gathering area (plaza), and very eccletic and unusual apartments, a bit pricey, nice looking breakfast hall (part of restaurant?).

Villa Mere (nice rooms on website, and killer apartment 180 Euros per nite, with patio) Nice looking breakfast hall, part of well known restaurant).

Then finally for simple folks like me:

just down the street House Ivancic (1 double bed apt/studio with little terrace 60-80Euros per nite), I like the amount of floor space for luggage, and I love the stone wall... I hate the 3 flights of stairs, old stairs, up to the apartment. Very nice people to correspond with.

and Apartment Mirna (#2 has a little terrace overlooking church, and busy pedestrian way 3 floors below) but this apartment looks very small. Where do you put your luggage?

And finally, a neat little find, good for two couples: Burgus Antium, Very Reasonable, this is a "rustic house" , with a/c and decor, look at their web page. It just looks too big for just the two of us. Also, is A/C on both floors? Very nice people, responsive to emails...

all of these places are located in the Old Town Center of Trogir. You park on outer edge. Some validate the parking, others do not.

It was recommended to me to stay inside old Trogir. I will be "outside" of Hvar Town, and just outside of Ploce Gate in Dubrovnik. This will be my "in-town" experience, and it will be June. I want old town feel, but worry abuot the size of the rooms. lots of places over on Ciovo are much more spacious, and offer great views. But now after so much searching, I have fallen in love with small streets and alley ways.

This is for 3 nights. One day will be a boat excursion. The other, a slow and full day getting to know the people and food of Trogir....

Hope this helps some of ya'll out there.
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:36 AM

I really don't think its necessary to stay within Trogir's city walls. Sure, it would be nice, but the town is so smuall and Ciovo island is right across the tiny bridge. For those renting cars staying outside of the town walls would probably be more ideal. We stayed on Ciovo and were within a minute or so of Trogir.

Tracy
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Sorry, I just wanted to add that I'm not trying to discourage anyone from staying within Trogir's city walls. I personally wanted to stay there but had a hard time finding an apartment I liked that also had adequate parking. We ended up deciding on Villa Pape (as mentioned above) on Ciovo. We got there and realized how small Trogir was and how close Ciovo was and decided that staying in Trogir wasn't really all that necessary.

Tracy
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Hi Tracy!

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and thanks to your comments, I'll be staying at Villa Adriatica in Dubrovnik, and I'm really looking forward to the location.

Trogir does indeed look really small. When I first started looking, I liked the appeal of the views and spaciousness of the Ciovo apartments. I just thought it would be fun to stay "inside" at least in one "city". I'm looking forward to the early morning, quiet walks as things start to wake up. I love the sound of bells -- we just don't have that here in Tennessee. I'm looking forward to nooks and crannies, and small alley ways, old stone, cats, carts and brooms.

I think we'll take a boat to Veli Drvenik one day.

Did ya'll go to Korcula? If so, where'd you stay?

Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:02 AM

You'll get your bells alright! I loved Trogir. We were lucky enough to stay with a lovely couple in a 400-year-old house across from a school in a tiny courtyard on our first visit there. It is tiny but so beautiful, and it's fun getting lost on those curvy streets.
Walk up into the Kamerlengo fort for some amazing views and photos.
We took the ferry to Drevnik Veli and had the most amazing day. We came a cross a path that was marked with spray-painted arrows on rock walls--seeing avocado, pomegranate, and olive trees--until we got to the other side of the island and our own little cove.