Reload this Page >

Help! Must Live in Rome

Search

Help! Must Live in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 06:58 PM
dianna

Help! Must Live in Rome

Help please, I must live in ROme! Just returned and all I can do is think of ways to live and work there. I have had a really hard time finding listings for employment in the city and don't want to give up. I was thinking about getting the TESOL certificate and was wondering if this would give me some more options. Also thinking about working in other fields but I don't speak Italian! Don't know what to do or where to look, I really would appreciate any and all suggestions! I live in Canada and have only two years of university psychology under my belt. I have many years of customer service- don't know if this will help at all. Thanks in advance for all you input! <BR>Dianna

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 08:43 AM
jen

will email you with infop as soon as I can

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Lisa

Your first, most important step--become fluent or nearly fluent in Italian. This is essential. Yes, essential. If you truly want to make this move, you must learn the language. <BR> <BR>There's a great thread about living and working overseas, which gives a lot of sound, practical advice, some of which may bring you down to earth a bit. I'd search for "addiction" (it's in the title of the post).

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 11:01 AM
kimberly

I know how you feel! I want to live anywhere in Europe (most treasured London) so I can get about when I want. I've felt the same way since my first taste of travel and believe me I have my friends overseas looking! I thought about TESOL and everything...just be persistent and look for companies here who have overseas offices..I work in the entertaiment industry and I still find it hard...but with persistence I'm sure I will accomplish what I want! Best of luck!

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 12:51 PM
Steph

Try the FAO in Rome. Large UN organisation occassionally looking for native English speakers. <BR> <BR>Good Luck <BR> <BR>Steph

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 02:42 PM
sally

Just returned and wishing to do same. I found a great book available from amazon.com (I get nothing from them for this)called Living, Studying, and Working in Italy:Everything You Need to Know to Fulfill your Dreams of Living Abroad. The authors are Neighbor and Larner and it is $16.00. Haven't gotten mu copy in mail yet; perhaps it will be helpful!!

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 04:29 PM
Dianna

Thanks for the tips and encouraging words! I will keep looking and post any info I have for those that are hoping to do the same. <BR>Keep the info coming and good luck to everyone who finds themself in the same situation as me!