Reload this Page >

HELP ME!! For Happy arrival in Paris through BKK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 12:53 AM
charlie

Message: Too silly story. <BR>IF YOU WERE ME, HOW DO YOU PLAN FOR A SPARE 9 HOURS AT BKK AIRPORT. <BR>I have been kill 8-9 Hours at BKK airport to wait on my transit flight. <BR>Everytime I visit Europe this experience always have occured. <BR> <BR>I will be Paris this December and should be transit at BKK Airport too. <BR> <BR>This time i want to take a look at BKK Downtown. Is it no problem? <BR> <BR>How do I get to BKK DT from BKK airport and <BR>How long does it take? <BR>How about passport problems? <BR> <BR>I am afraid of any unpleasant experience

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 01:10 AM
Paige

Hello! You might try posting this on the Asia board. There you'll probably find more people who are familiar with Bangkok.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 01:18 AM
charlie

paige: <BR> <BR>I know what you mean. <BR>Asia board is not activated than this room. <BR>Important thing is quick result. <BR>It's not a board's problem and it's for my perpect trip to Paris. <BR>Hope to you get the my point and thanks for your quick reply.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 01:22 AM
Ursula

Charlie hello! Posted an anwer on the Asian board for you. Hope that helps a little. The Asian board is quite busy as well. You might want to fly into BKK with a air carrier with better connections BKK-CDG.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 01:29 AM
charlie

Ursula: <BR>Thank you for your reply again. <BR>I already saw your posting and leave a another question. <BR>Thanks again for your time and efforts. <BR>

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 03:54 AM
Sjoerd

Immigration @ BKK can take a while, up to 45 minutes in my experience. Take a taxi (normal taxi, not the expensive limousines) to Wat Phra Kheo (the Grand Temple with the Emerald Buddha) Taxi should cost about 250 baht (6 USD) and will take no more than 45 minutes. You will need an hour or two to admire the temple complex, and will have time to go shopping in Siam Square, for instance. Just take taxis which are very cheap in BKK.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 04:01 AM
Ursula

Sjoerd, good suggestion. However, I suppose Charlie will leave BKK around midnight to fly to Europe (most planes do). So, my guess is, he will be arriving in BKK later in the afternoon. Checking the opening hours of the sites is a must then. <BR>Shopping, however, is no problem, if that is what he wants.

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 09:02 PM
charlie

sjoerd and ursula: <BR> <BR>Thank you for your information. <BR>I will be stay in BKK AP for 8 hours. <BR> <BR>You mean there is no problem to back and forth from BKK AP and have a shopping in Siam Center. <BR> <BR>I'll choose this way, but want to know more details this way. <BR> <BR> <BR>