Reload this Page >

Help me find a hotel with a pool in Paris for five people

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,
I am a true Europe newbie and would like to go to Paris with my family of five.. I have three children aged 11,6 and 3 and would like to find a nice hotel within paris that would be close to all the attractions and if possible have a pool.
I don't know if the apartment rentals have pools, but I am open to them as I can see there is not too many hotels that will accomidate five people unless I rent two rooms which is very expensive
I would like to go in late August and would be there for four nights. Any help from the board would be very appreciated. By the way I also plan to go to Euro Disney one one of the days. Thank You
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:55 AM

You will probably hear this several times but let me be the first to tell you that you ought to give up the idea of a pool if you want to be in central Paris. You will not find a hotel with a pool that will be suitable for a person on a limited budget--the ones I see are at the four-star level and above.

These both have pools but are not in the best locations:

http://www.oceaniahotels.com/hotel-oceania-paris?lg=UK

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-1735...services.shtml
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM

You will do better in August to find a hotel that has AC. Is this part of a longer trip?
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM

With only four days (and one of those at Disney), you will find so much to do with your children in Paris that I imagine you won't even miss a pool. I was there for a week with my 6 yr old granddaughter, and we didn't get to do nearly as much as we had planned. See the sights, go to parks, sit in outdoor cafes, take boat rides, and save the pool time for home. You might be thinking that late Aug. would be hot; it could be, but it could also be cool. I was there one late Aug. ('06), and Parisian women were wearing pashminas around their necks!
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM

I believe the hotels near DL are more modern so you might find pools there. Since you want to go to DL it might be better to stay there and take a train into Paris for sightseeing.

We stayed at the Novotel at a Novotel south of the ET once that had a pool. It was an indoor pool.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 11:06 AM

A pool is not a realistic requirement in Paris. As you noted very few hotels have them - perhaps only a couple of very large business type hotels with spas/gyns. As for apartments - again finding one in Paris would be extremely rare - and would probably involve a new and VERY upscale building.

This is something you just don;t find in european hotels except for 1) very luxurious/expensive or 2) resorts outside of major cities.

In areas where most hotels are in buildings 100 - or several hundred - years old - pools are simply not an option. And, after all, once doesn't go to Paris to swim.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM

I agree with Suzanne2 about maybe staying out near Disneyland Paris. I know that there is Marriott out there which I am sure would have a pool along with the 2 or 3? properties that Disneyland Paris owns and manages. It's somewhat of a long train ride, but it is direct on the RER into central Paris, but something to consider if you're set on wanting to have a pool at your disposal.

traveltalesfromtheredheadedtraveler.blogspot.com/
(My travel writing blog!)
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the great advice, I will forget about the pool as it is too much trouble. Can the board give me a good recommendation on a family hotel in Paris that is close to everything and that can accomidate five people? And which area should I be looking in for the attractions as i read that i shoild look in the 4th,5th, or 6th district. Once again, thank you very much.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Maybe an apartment would wor better.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM

I'm glad you're not focusing on the pool any more. And I wouldn't stay out at DL just for a pool, either; being able to swim will not make up for the inconvenience of the commute into and out of Paris each day.

There are public pools in Paris if you must swim: http://paris.angloinfo.com/af/474/pa...ing-pools.html

In August, it's likely that Paris Plage will be in place (where they build a beach on the banks of the Seine); that would probably be more interesting than any hotel pool anyway.

I would rent an apartment. In the unlikely event you do find a hotel that can accommodate 5, it will likely be very expensive, or you'll be tripping all over each other in the room, or have to pay for 2 rooms. The 4th, 5th, and 6th arrondissements are all good places to look. Of course, in an apartment you're on your own - no front desk to help you out - but if you plan well enough, you should be fine.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I think I saw what looks like a pool on the roof of the Fouquet's Barrière.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 02:34 PM

>

No doubt you did. And prices begin at $843/night and go up to $4,088/night.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM

IMHO, for a family of five, don't even waste your timelooking for hotels. Look for a two bedroom apartment.
What is your nightly budget? Let us know and you'll get recommendations for affordable flats
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM

I just posted this on another, similar, thread:

I found a website that mentions the following hotels: Hotel du Palais Bourbon, Hotel Minerve, Campanile Paris XII - Nation Hotel, Mary's Hotel, Hotel Marignan, and Novatel Paris les Halles. I haven't stayed at any of these so can't personally vouch for them but they would be worth checking out. Also check the Citadines Apartments/Hotels. You can also email hotels that you know have rooms for 4 and ask them if they can accommodate 5 (some can bring in a cot.)

Emailing hotels directly, rather than just relying on their website, can sometimes bring results or they may be able to recommend a sister hotel that has larger capabilities.

Also, another reader posted this:

Here are two hotel web sites for a family of 5, both with Paris locations, some with kitchenettes and most with breakfast:

http://www.roomfor5.co.uk/list/160

http://sleeps5.com/destinations_france_hotels.asp

Good luck and have a great trip!
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help I truly appreciate the honest responses. I have some reservations about renting an apartment because of security issues and would appreciate other people's opinion as to the safety of an apartment over a hotel. I am willing to rent an apartment on this forum's recommendation In Paris my budget is up to 300 US dollars a night and I would like an apartment that is close to all the sites. Thanks again.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM

I hsve rented and been happy with vacationinparis.com many times.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Another suggestion is the Citadines chain of hotels. The St Germaine or Louvre locations are very good.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Security issues in a Parisian apartment? I would be very surprised if there were any, as compared to a hotel. If it burglary that concerns you, be advised that entry to most apartments is quite secure, with digicode devices controlling entry to the building and again to the apartment. Many building entrances are off courtyards which themselves are secured by gates and locks.

At $300/ night you should not have any problem finding a suitable apartment, if you can find one that will rent for only four nights.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 05:57 PM

To avoid disappointment I think that you need to spend some time looking at a map of paris. It is a sizable city and there is no one place that is close to all - or even most - sights. You need to try to pick a neighborhood that you will like and a place to stay that is close to the Metro - since you will be taking that a lot to get around.

(Paris is a great walking city - and that's how we mostly get from one place to another - but the distances would be way too much for a 3 or even 6 year old.)
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Security issues are pretty much nonexistent in Paris apartments as you need a code to enter the foyer and then have your own key for the apartment. The only security issue I've ever encountered was not being able to get the key to the (Paris Perfect) apartment to work and having to knock on a neighbor's door for help (and he had problems, too, but we got it resolved relatively efficiently).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -