Search

HELP ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Stephanie Kennedy

HELP ME!!!!

ok, I'm going on an educational tour with my high school next spring break to Paris and Lorie Valley.So I need to ask a couple of questions for anyone who has been there!!! I know there are shared bathrooms in the hotels, but do all hotels have them? I have enough trouble shaving my legs by myself, but with other people watching me!!!! Another Q is is a descent priced room ok or are they gross and dirty???and now the BIG question where is the best place to shop when I'm thereI need to get some good stuff for me , my friends, my family,my extended family.....(goes on for ever)well thanx for reading this and thanx for your tips!! <BR> <BR>Steph <BR> <BR>p.s. which museum is better le louvre ou le musee de orsay???(told you it was educational!!!)

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:25 PM
xxx

I can only help with the shaving legs part, why don't you just have them waxed before you go, then you won't have to shave them at all for a long time whether in front of someone or alone. Have fun.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 01:49 AM
steve

The kind of rooms you get depend on the budget for the hotel rooms and who chooses. Since it's a school trip, I assume the trip coordinator has to decide. If this is so, then you can check what is the school policy regarding the type of hotels they will book. <BR> <BR>In any case, all 3 star hotels that I know of have bath and toilet facilities PER ROOM. As for 4 or 5 stars, there's no question about toilet facilities per room. I'm sure they'll put you 2 (or 3) to a room, so you'll have to share the bathroom with your roommates, but you don't have to shave your legs in from of anybody, because most of the bathrooms in Europe have doors. ) <BR> <BR>As for 2 stars, or 1 stars, you can't be sure about the bathroom facilities and you have to check the particular hotel. <BR> <BR>As for shopping, you should talk to my daughter and wife - they know all the best places. If you were going to Italy, I'd tell you to buy shoes there!

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Deborah

Stephanie, You will get more response to your message by posting something like "Paris questions" and being more descriptive. That said-Shopping is everywhere. Artists as you walk down the Seine, all the museums have a gift shop, there are big department stores etc. <BR>As for rooms, I found them quite affordable, obviously someone will arrange your rooms for you since your are going with a group. Many have a private bath but if you end up with a shared bath it does not mean a big group bathroom. One at a time-lock the door.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 04:57 AM
alice

Monoprix is a low-cost department store in Paris. I bought nice scarves there to bring home. Many have both a clothing/sundry/cosmetics store and a grocery store in them (cookies, wine, etc). There will be plenty of souvenir shops near any major sight, ie. Notre Dame, Montmartre, Champs Elysee...Nicer department stores are BHV (near the Hotel de Ville) and Galeries Lafayette (behind the Opera). Three-star hotels will usually be very nice (rooms are always small) and will have bathrooms in the room. Two-star hotels usually also have bathrooms in the room, and will be clean but maybe a little 'worn' around the edges. You only sleep and bath there, so don't sweat the 'decor'. A one-star might be more risky as far as cleanliness or comfort goes. Enjoy your visit - you will never forget it!