Notices

HELP - leave in 3 days!

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 10:09 AM
julie

HELP - leave in 3 days!

I know I should have confirmed our hotel earlier but I didn't! We are staying at the Hotel D'Albe for 5 nights but I have been trying to fax them to confirm and I can't get through. I cannot find a phone # for them. Is anyone out there livng in Paris and could call them for me? --Desperate

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 10:40 AM
Christina

Well, I'll admit it's curious that you could have a reservation at a hotel without knowing its phone number. If someone else made this reservation for you (eg, your travel agent), they should know it. Also, it should be on any brochure, stationery or FAX you ever got from them when you made the reservation, I'd think. If not, you could find it on the WWW in the Paris complete hotel listings(www.paris.org) or in the France Telecom phone book (www.pagesjaunes.fr, I think). It's probably other places online if you know how to use a search engine, it's pretty easy. Anyway, you may not have to do this anyway--if you have a reservation, that should be it. I've never confirmed any hotel later after having made a confirmed reservation (with check or CC number) when I reserved the room; I've never reconfirmed later just before going if I have a written confirmed reservation to begin with (which I always do, as I insist on it).

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 11:55 AM
Julie

Thanks Christina -- I made the hotel reservation by fax. I got the fax # from someone on this forum.

I'll try the web sites you suggested.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 12:04 PM
elaine

Hi
If it's the hotel at 1 rue de la Harpe
phone is 33 1 47 27 15 15
fax is 33 4 77 74 98 14

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 09:50 AM
lynn

Julie -

I'm also assuming it's the hotel at 1, rue de la Harpe. If so, I've stayed there twice and they were great. I hope you don't have any big bags because the elevator is very, very small!! It barely holds 2 people.

I think this hotel is about the best location in the city. You are so close to the St. Michel metro stop. Very convenient.

Also, right under the hotel is a little bakery. We used to start off the day with fresh croissants and a quick cafe. Also, not too far from the hotel is a little "quick mart." We would buy water and soda to keep in the frig. Because of the central location, we used to use the hotel for potty breaks. Most of the time when we were going from place to place it wasn't too far out of the way, if at all, to stop by the room to use the restroom and freshen up. It's like your own quiet sanctuary in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.

If you have any last minute questions let me know because we spent two trips based from there.

Have a great time...