Notices

Accomodations in NAPLES

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 08:03 AM
Tom

Accomodations in NAPLES

I'm returning to Naples and need suggestions on hotels. Stayed at the Parker last time, but want a hotel down by the water.Anyone have any advice. Eating ideas also welcome.
Thanks, Tom

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 11:22 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Tom
Naples is a place that some tourists have a problem in going too, however,
I am sure you will have a good time.
Have not stayed in Naples but in surfing
the following you should find some good
information on Naples.
www.hotelguide.ch/
www.hotelbook.com/
www.wonderful-italy.it/
www.napolinet.net/
www.napolivirtuale.com/
www.netway.it/napoletanita/
www.dinenet.com/citta_it.html/
Two ristorantes in Naples that have read
aboutLa Chiacchierata, Piazzetta Matilde Serao, 37 and La Cantinella, Via Cuma, 42.
Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, ILl.....

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 03:06 AM
Chloe

Tom: What is Parkers like? Why do you want to stay by the water this time?
Too bad people get scared off by Naples; it's a great city.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 07:48 PM
tom

Hi Chloe,
We really liked the Parker Hotel, but it's a ways from the main sights and shopping area,so we thouht we would try one of the hotels along the lungomare this time.
I agree that Naples is a lot better than most of the guide books give it credit for, although it definitely isn't Americanized like Florence or Siena, which is what we like about it.
Still need a hotel suggestion for Naples.
thanks,
Tom

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 10:15 AM
Dan

I travel to Naples a few times a year on business and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Pinetimare. It is away from downtown Naples on the coast heading North. It is considered a "resort" (by Italian standards). Has a nine hole golf course, stables, tennis, pool, nice restuarant, etc. It takes about 30 minutes to drive from hotel to the harbor. I get a fantasiic rate (about $62 per night any time of year)
There is a small village right behind the hotel with a couple of good inexpensive family restuarants. Granted, the road leading up to the turn-off for the hotel is kind of seedy looking (a few ladies in mini-skirts standing around, if you get my drift), but the hotel is away from that with their own security gate and staff.
A fantastic restuarant in downtown Naples is on Via Medina near the Fort. It is called Ristorante Medina. Downstairs is a Pizzaria, and upstairs is a great restuarant. A series of very large rooms (seat about 25-35 people per room) connected together. It it a favorite among the Italians. On the weekend they just start bringing out the courses and keep bringing out more - so pace yourself! Reasonably priced. Naples is really a neat place to visit (especially if you have local friends to show you around. The area around "Boccoli" (sp?) has a lot of good restuarants.
CIAO

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 10:37 AM
Chloe

Tom: Have heard good things about the Santa Lucia, Vesuvio, and Miramare. Probably the best in terms of waterfront accommodations. Good luck!

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 01:12 PM
Anne

We were in Naples a few weeks ago and stayed at the Mercure. It is not on the water, but it is right down from the castle and we walked to the waterfront for dinner in about 5 minutes. The hotel is not grand but has all of the amenities and is clean and charming. The room comes with the most delightful breakfast buffet--even better than at our more deluxe hotel in Positano. I think the price ended up to be about $130. Also, right down from the hotel we found a great place for lunch on the sidewalk--Antonio's.