COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Help! Find my postings here

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 09:06 PM
charlie

Help! Find my postings here

I can't easily find my past fostings here.
It takes too much time and very tired.

Pls let me know how could I find my past postings fastly and effectively?

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Joanne

The Fodor's search has always worked for me. You can search on your e-mail address.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 05:51 AM
BoomerBabe

Hello Charlie,
The easiest way to keep track of your postings is to "bookmark" them.
Once you've written the question and posted it, or in your current situation, once you've found your already posted question and opened it up, place your mouse cursor over the posting, in the right half of the screen. Then right-click the mouse. A box should pop up. One of the choices might be "Add to Favorites" or there mightbe a choice with the word "Bookmark", depending on what kind of browser you use. Left-click on it, then another box comes up. You must change the name of the file. Each thing you bookmark must have its own, different name. For example, you could name them 'Question 1', 'Question 2', etc. Or you could name them 'Paris-transportation', 'Paris-restaurants', etc. Doesn't matter what you name them as long as each one has a different name. After you type in the new name, click OK.
To find the post later, just click on your Favorites icon and the list of files will drop down for you to choose from.
Another way to find your postings is to use Search, but I don't think you can search on your e-mail address, or anything in the heading or title of your posting. Some people always type their name or initials at the end of their post. That way, they can search on their own name.
Hope this helps you. If I see any of your posts farther down, I'll top them for you so you can bookmark them.
Have a lovely time in Paris!

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 06:08 AM
BoomerBabe

P.S. I believe most of your recent postings have the word Paris in them, so do a text search on Paris. The results will include a LOT of posts that aren't yours, but there will be fewer to look through to find yours.
Since many people respond with a greeting using your name, as I did in my response above, you can try searching for the word Charlie.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 08:39 AM
minbrooklyn

You could always try putting a special phrase in all your posts so you can find them easily with a search (like sign off with Chalie123)

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 06:03 PM
topping

Charlie, where are you? We don't want you to lose this posting, too!

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:05 AM
Christina

I think the best advice is to include at the bottom of your post your name or something to search by that is unique, as someone above suggested. You cannot search by your email address if you just put it in the box at the top (unfortunately), but if you put it at the bottom of your message, you could. Other than that, I think you have to just check the board quickly (at least once a day) to see if there are answers so your posts don't go to far back, if you don't bookmark them.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:17 AM
Book Chick

Charlie,
I topped your most current thread for you. I didn't know if you had any other threads.

BC

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:02 PM
charlie

Thank you for all your very helpful advise. I am so happy to meet a expert like yours here.

BoomerBabe! Thank you especially for your time and attention.

If everyone have a some askings to Korea, pls don't hesitate to email or notice me.