Reload this Page >

Help--cheap accom in Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Marshall

Hi:<BR><BR>Two of us are going to be in Tuscany in Dec-Jan '02 and need cheap accomodation--the cheaper the better, but no hostels. B&amp;Bs would be perfect, as would any cheap place, really.<BR><BR>Any ideas much apprerciated!<BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Selena

Go to parkercompany.com<BR>They have apt. and farm stays in Italy.<BR>You can send away for their free 300+ page catalog. It is awesome....

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:55 PM
colleenk

Check out www.slowtrav.com for great ideas on Tuscany.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Kay

We stayed at a great, fairly cheap place in San Gimignano. Try www.sangimignano.com the B&amp;B we stayed at is found at www.sangiroom.com<BR>The building was 14th century but all new inside, antique furnishings, really comfy bed, great shower, central, very friendly Italian family who run it and a bar in the main piazza where you can get breakfast if you want.<BR>Kay

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 03:46 PM
Deb

Tuscany covers a pretty big area, do you know what towns you are going to? I found San Gmiginano pretty affordable at around $90 for hotel Leon Bianco which is in the center of town. I had a great place in Montalcino, Albergo Giglio that was around $50 for a single and it was a beautiful room. Off season should be cheaper for everything.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:50 PM
Sandra

I have the impression that a lot of places in Tuscany are closed in Dec.-Jan. Am I wrong

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 07:08 PM
CAgal

Marshall, forget the Parker Company.com. Although their catalogue is awesome, as Selena writes, they are way, way overpriced. Slowtrav.com is a great tip.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:09 PM
Cristina

Selena, do you work for the Parker Company? You seem to post frequently the same post about their catalog. Yes their catalog is wonderful but it is a rip off as they change the names of the properties so you can't go directly to the property itself and then double (yes double) the price.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:55 AM
pat

Try www.nautilus-mp.com/tuscany.<BR>We found a good b and b (Affiticamere Andrei)from that site and were able to e mail for a room. It was in Pienza and was large, beautiful and friendly. I believe it was about$45 for a double. Does not include breakfast but nice cafe down the street. Parking was also easy.