Search

Help Austria Lech

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Austria Lech

Hello
And many thanks to all who have given such great info !!-- so Gasthof Post or Hotel Arlberg Lech ????????? both are pricey and suppossedly great but we need to know for sure becasue this is a special trip and would love to hear your thoughts
Happy New Year
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 11:27 PM

We emailed some Austrian friends who go to Lech every year and asked their opinion. Both are terrific choices, they said. The Post is a little more formal and traditional; Arlberg has better fitness facilities.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Hamburg,
Please report back after your trip, my husband and are going for the first time in early March and would love to hear how you enjoyed it.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 01:37 PM
kr

Lech seems to be really costly I stay in St Anton every year, it is a lot cheaper and I think more charming and nicer. St anton is a 15-20 minute bus or cab ride from Lech. If I want to see Mercedes and Bmw'S and fur coats I go to Vail or Aspen. Good skiing in Lech thu but St Anton is much larger as far as the slopes go. You can stay at the hotel Post very nice rooms, great view, great food and a really nice solarium downstairs.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Have you considered Oberlech? Hotels Montana or Sonnenberg are both wonderful family run hotels with great food and wine- and on the ski slopes! The "village" is car free and above Lech. Access is via a cable car- or you can take a wild ride down to Lech on a sledge!
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

We were gong with the Gasthof-Post but
may reconsider if the Ahrlberg has better sport facilities ??
Anyone else have an opinion?
MANY THANKS for all the responses!
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 07:17 AM

I haven't stayed at either hotel, but the Dutch royal family always stay at Post in Lech, and have done so for years. Don't know if that is a recommendation or not!
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Again
Author: BTilke
Could you tell me more about the fitness facilites you mentioned yhat is of interest to us
greatly appriciated !
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 09:37 AM

Actually, the difference between the fitness facilities is extremely slight. The Post has more spa things, as I recall, massages, etc. I would pick the Post for the ultimate traditional Austrian hotel.
Our Austrian friends always stay at the Hotel Elizabeth (a 4*, but they are retired and with the cost difference they can stay 3 weeks at the Elizabeth instead of 1 week at the Post, and as they have been going to the HE for so many years the manager gives them a special price).
Have you been to the web site, www.lech-zuers.at ? You can check the difference between the hotels yourself by looking at the lodging section (in English) and clicking on the 5 star hotels.
I think you will have a great time at either hotel. And let me know what you think--we are hoping to do a winter trip in 2005 or 2006 at one of those hotels, too!