Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help - another Trenitalia question! How do I complete my confirmed train reservation?

Help - another Trenitalia question! How do I complete my confirmed train reservation?

Apr 29th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

I have a confirmed reservation with trenitalia. I was never directed to a payment screen, but I was emailed the itinerary and a PNR booking code. Now for the tricky part - I'm supposed to go the Customer Area on the trenitalia website and complete my booking with a credit card. It is easy to find the Customer Area, but from there I am unable to find where to pull up my reservation and enter payment. I tempted to forget the whole process and call Pantheon Travel, but I'm stubborn and I'd really like to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:56 AM

wfm003

Not surprisingly, I'm having my own issues with Trenitalia.

Was wondering if you ended up using Pantheon Travel and if you were pleased with their response.
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Hi ann0320,

I did end up using Pantheon travel and I'm very pleased so far. They reponded very quickly to my initial request and emailed me bar-coded etickets directly from trenitalia. Good luck!
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM

We just got back from 2-1/2 weeks in Italy and 4 train trips between cities. I booked our train tickets on www.selectitaly.com They were slightly more expensive than Trenitalia (which I could never get through) but I had the tickets in a couple of days and none of the stress!
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:31 PM

Selectitaly site isn't working for me, but figure it's because I'm not staying within Italy, but going to Austria.

But I am looking forward to a less stressful way of securing these tickets. I'll be pn the phone tomorrow and comparing local travel agents and what they can do for me compared to BETS that has been recommended.