help

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 07:30 PM
janet

help

I'm going to rome the last week in Jan..2001 for 5 days. I'm also training for a marathon here at home....where are good places to run in Rome?...or is it best to run in a gym?..any suggestions.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 04:26 AM
elaine

janet <BR>You might get more attention if you repost this with a more specific title like "running in Rome" "or "gyms in Rome"

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Paulo

I would guess that the Borghese Gardens would do. There are plenty of traffic free alleyways and I've seen people jogging in the past.<BR>Paulo<BR>

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 05:21 AM
Romish

Better run fast or the Gypsies will get you...knock you down, rip off your jogging shorts, and take your money belt. Run, Lola, Run.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 06:13 AM
Cher

Ah yes, another Gypsy thread....cool cause I love Gypsies, tramps, and thieves...

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 10:51 AM
enuf

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy, can't we let sleeping Gypsies lie?

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 01:38 PM
Walter

The Circo Massimo (Circus Maximus) is a outdoor oval track ~3/8mi-625M in length (if my Streetwise Map is too scale. I've seen it used by walkers & joggers and the track itself is hard packed dirt (IIRC). If your hotel is near the Metro there is a Metro stop (Circo Massimo) right there. Historically, I think it would be a great place to train, it dates back to possibly c600BC definitely 329BC and besides chariot races it was used for athletic contests, wild beast fights and it was also flooded for mock sea battles. HTH Regards, Walter <BR>